certificate_student_name

Home Forums Legacy Support Support queries How-to & Troubleshooting certificate_student_name

Tagged: 

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    hashur
    Participant
    Hello: The shortcode [certificate_student_name] on the certificate template will print the student user name by default. Is there a setting to make the default the student First/Last Name not the user name. Thank You
    logan

Hello,

There please use this plugin: https://wordpress.org/plugins/vibe-buddypress-woocommerce/

and you can use this shortcode to pull the profile field of the user :

[certificate_student_field field="Name"]

hashur
    Participant
    Thank You Logan: Woocommece has first name, last name. the plugin is trying to map that to BuddyPress xProfile Field where there is only Name (one field). It is not mapping to user profile (has both first & last). If I change the  BuddyPress xProfile Field to have two fields (first & last), will that break any current records. Thank You
    logan
    hello, this is BuddyPress default setting. and related to the buddypress itself.  i will suggest you to contact them for better support. please let me know if they suggest anything about it.
    Avramescu
    Spectator
    This reply has been marked as private.
    logan
    Hey, Welcome to WPLMS forums. Please create your own topic. Please refer this tutorial on how to create a topic: https://vibethemes.com/documentation/wplms/knowledge-base/how-to-create-a-support-topic-in-new-wplms-forums/ Also, make sure you create a topic in relevant support forums only. Regards.
    hashur
    Participant
    Logan: The issue is in that wplms registration form I have, it has NAME field, but the woo commerce has FIRST & LAST NAME fields, may be if we have registration form changed to two fields.the issue will be resolved.  
    logan
    Hello, i do not understand your query share some screenshots of it. if there is a field in BuddyPress name and name is filled by the user then the user name attribute in code.

[certificate_student_field field="Name"]

if there is a field in woo-commerce firstname & lastname and name is filled by user then user name attribute in code.

[certificate_student_field field="firstname"] [certificate_student_field field="lastname"]

hashur
    Participant
    Logan: Thank You,  Yes, but The field in BuddyPress name and name is filled by the user then the certificate will print the website username, not the field Name. (which is what is happening now). Now, if I try to use the plugin Vibe Buddypress Woocommerce, it needs to map fields, how can we map WooCommerce fields (FirstName and LastName) with BuddyPress xProfile Field (Name) ? Thank You  
    logan
    Hello,

In each tab “Facebbok”,”Twitter” and “Google” ,you can Add BuddyPress profile field  by clicking on “Add BuddyPress profile field map” button.

and select the categories from the dropdown list.

You have successfully integrated BP Social Connect plugin in WPLMS.

hashur
    Participant
    Logan: Thank You Sorry, its not working, something is not right, may be we are talking about different things.  
    logan

Hello,

Please share a video of the entire process so that i can replicate the issue at my end. once its replicated i will share a fix for this.

I would like to request temporary access (wp-admin URL and credentials) in a private reply to your site to take a better look at the issue.  The information you will enter is private which means only you and I can see and have access to it.

stay alert for fast replies.
    hashur
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as private.
    hashur
    Participant
    Logan: Thank you, login above. Not sure what to take video for, The plugin Vibe Buddypress Woocommerce, it needs to map fields, how can we map WooCommerce fields (FirstName and LastName) with BuddyPress xProfile Field (Name) ? The problem will be solved if there is a setting in wplms where student is identified by real full name rather than user name.  Then the certificate student name will be real full name, not user name. Thank You  
    logan
    Hello, No that is not available. the only solution is to use this. if there is a field in woo-commerce firstname & lastname and name is filled by the user then create two fields in wp-admin >> users >> profile field. the first name and last name. then goto BuddyPress mapping and map these two new fields with woocommerce profile fields. then use this shortcode, user name attribute in code. [certificate_student_field field="firstname"] [certificate_student_field field="lastname"]
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • The topic ‘certificate_student_name’ is closed to new replies.