Changing error messages to enable self-help

Home Forums Legacy Support Support queries How-to & Troubleshooting Changing error messages to enable self-help

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    russellc
    Spectator
    Hello, Our students regularly receive two different types of error messages, with the suggested resolution being to 'Contact Administrator'. These error messages have appeared over the last 2 years, including when our plugins and themes are fully up-to-date. While we would love for these errors to not occur in the first place, a quick resolution is for the error message to provide some helpful instructions to the student to resolve the issue themselves.   1. Security Check Failed This message typically appears after the user returns to the course (i.e. inside the 'start-course' URL) after an extended absence, perhaps after the computer has gone to sleep (may be timeout / timestamp related). Our resolution to students is to simply exit the course by clicking the 'Back to Course' button and then re-entering the course by clicking the 'Continue Course' button. I would like to update the error message to provide these instructions (instead of 'Contact Administrator'). However, I understand that the error message is set to appear in multiple locations: wplms-assignments.pot vibe-customtypes.pot wplms-events.pot wplms-front-end.po vibe.po Can you please advise where we should change the error message for the circumstances I am referring to here without causing any unintended issues? Do you have a different resolution to assist here?   2. Quiz Not Active This message typically appears after the user has attempted the quiz previously (e.g. 3 months prior) and then returns to the quiz page. The particular quizzes are not usually connected to the course, but are available to students via a URL. Our resolution to students is to click on 'Check Quiz results', then in the Results screen, scroll to the bottom and click 'Retake Quiz'. I would like to update the error message to provide these instructions (instead of 'Contact Administrator'). Can you please advise whether we can update the .po file and override the message without causing any unintended issues? [/wp-content/plugins/vibe-course-module/languages/vibe-en_US.po]   Many thanks for your assistance. Regards, Russell
    H.K. Latiyan
    Participant
    Hi, These texts come from vibe course module plugin, but there are lots of places where this text is shown from this particular plugin. So if you translate the text then it will change everywhere.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • The topic ‘Changing error messages to enable self-help’ is closed to new replies.