Changing user role to Instructor

Home Forums Legacy Support Support queries How-to & Troubleshooting Changing user role to Instructor

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    jeremyadams
    Participant
    I have installed a demo of LMS and am customizing it.  
    1. When I visit the demo page All Instructors - https://tumblesafe.com/all-instructors/, it shows me even the site admins as Instructors. But when I try to add the Instructors on my About page by adding Member Carousels/Rotating Blocks module and select to show Instructors, the page does not show the admins anymore.
    So I created a new user as Instructor and then it showed on the About page. But when I changed his role to Administrator in the user settings then it disappeared from the About page. I also changed his Forum role to Keymaster. Then I changed his role back to Instructor but it still does not show on the About page. Also, when I try to change the user's Forum role to Moderator instead of Keymaster from the All Users page, it does not change. But it changes when I enter the individual user setting and change from there. Is this happening because of bugs in the code? How can I have the user as site administrator, forum keymaster and instructor - and still show up on the Member Carousels module on the About page? EDIT: I just noticed on the individual user setting Role drop down menu, that Instructor choice is there twice. Why is that? When I used the other Instructor choice than the one I had, it shows up on the About page. How can I remove the extra roles which I don't need? Do I really need these roles in LMS - Shop Manager, Customer, LMS Manager?
    H.K. Latiyan
    Participant
    Hi, In the members carousel we show all, student and instructor role, refer: http://prntscr.com/hdbh4j We do not show the duplicate instructor role there, so  I am not sure from where this duplicate role is coming on your website. Can you please share the site url and the admin credentials with us to check this on your website. PS: Please mark your reply as private while sharing the credentials.
    jeremyadams
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as private.
    H.K. Latiyan
    Participant
    jeremyadams
    Participant
    H.K. Latiyan
    Participant
    Hi, It seems you were using learnpress before on the website. Another instructor is a learnpress instructor and not wplms instructor. Wplms only recognizes the instructor registered by wplms and not by learnpress.
    jeremyadams
    Participant
    H.K. Latiyan
    Participant
    Hi, To delete this learnpress user role, you should contact the learnpress support, as it's registered by learnpress.
    jeremyadams
    Participant
    H.K. Latiyan
    Participant
    Hi, 1) The admins shows on the all instructor page by default if you want to hide it then there is a setting for this in the lms -> settings-> hide admin from website 2) If you want to show the admins also on the about page then why are you selecting to show just instructors, choose "All" and then the admin will also be shown.
    jeremyadams
    Participant
    H.K. Latiyan
    Participant
    Hi, I checked the code for showing the users in the members carousel, sorry this is not available in wplms as of now, as there is no filter present in the code.
    jeremyadams
    Participant
    Thanks for the support. Perhaps you could take it up as a feature request for the next theme upgrade.
    H.K. Latiyan
    Participant
    Thanks for the suggestion.
Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • The topic ‘Changing user role to Instructor’ is closed to new replies.