Check quiz results not working

Home Forums Legacy Support Support queries How-to & Troubleshooting Check quiz results not working

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    rarego
    Spectator
    Hello, I bought your theme in December and installed it. I have the Envato Market plugin and everything is supposed to be updated. I've been 2 days with the same problem and after reading all the forum-related posts I still have the same problem: When students finish a quiz, if they click on the "Check quiz results" button the next page is a "not found page". Originally the quiz was independent from the course:
    • It wasn't linked to a course but the course had it included in the curriculum.

• It was set as private so no one could see the course listed since it is just a "fake" course to be able to manage the students quiz results, reports, etc from it. I read about this in another forum post.

I have tried everything: saving permalinks, revert permalinks, include the quiz inside a course and take the whole course, different users, free/non free course and so many other combinations....   Everything works as an admin though: no "page not found" error, and as an Admin I can check my own results perfectly even if the url is the same!:   http://[DOMAIN]/members/[USER]/course/course-results/?action=4628   Any clue what could be wrong? I cannot share credentials because it is installed in an intranet.   Any help much appreciated. Thanks.

MrVibe
    Keymaster
    Ok, this is a strange issue. Please share following information 1. Does this happen with 1 particular user or all users. 2. Does this happen with Students only or instructors as well. Follow these steps to debug :
    1. Go to WP Admin - WPLMS - BuddyPress- Profile visibility and All members directory visibility. Try changing this setting to all.
    2. Go to WP Admin - BuddyPress - Components and save all the components
    3. Check the admin database and make sure there are no corrupted tables. Try optimising the database.
    Let me know if above steps do not help.
    rarego
    Spectator
    Hello again, Thanks for your quick reply. That makes a whole difference. Regarding your questions: 1.- I created several "student" users who took the quiz. It happens with all of them. 2.- I changed from "student" to "instructor" one user and the result was the same.   Steps you suggested that I  made: 0.- I updated to the new version of WPLMS that came out this weekend. (By the way Visual Composer doesn't update) 1.- Ok. It was with all the options unchecked. 2.- I guess you meant Settings > BuddyPress. I had disabled Friend connections, private messaging, notifications and user groups.  All of them are checked now. 3.- The database looks fine from PhpMyadmin and there seems not to be any corrupted tables. I optimized the database with WP-Sweep plugin. After all I did, I get the message "error connection reset" when trying to reach http://[DOMAIN]/members/[USER]/course/course-results/?action=4628 Now not even the admin can access "check results" (no problem with rest of pages)... I can only check detailed results through My courses> Admin > submissions (get>evaluation complete) > Evaluate Quiz for user.   I deactivated some plugins (including all user-related ones) but still doesn't work.     I'm also checking with the IT department in case the page would be blocked for some reason (it would be funny that it was only that one the page blocked) . In the meanwhile any other suggestion would be appreciated.   Thanks in advance    
    rarego
    Spectator
    This reply has been marked as private.
    rarego
    Spectator
    I reinstalled a whole new site from scratch and imported pages, quizzes, questions, courses... the result is the same. The only difference is the error message, this time is a 404 instead of an "err_connection_reset"... It seems to me it has something to do with the "Members" page that you set in settings > buddypress... is it possible?... maybe I have set a wrong one? Am I missing any special config?... I'm saying that because when I change it to "none" at least the "check results" button takes me to the home page. Hope that helps shedding some light... Thanks.
    H.K. Latiyan
    Participant
    Can you please share the url and the admin credentials with us to check the issue on your website. PS: Please mark your reply as private while sharing the credentials.
    rarego
    Spectator
    Thank you H.K. Latiyan... As I mention before, unfortunately it is in an intranet and therefore can't share credentials. Anyway, I duplicated the site in an external domain and it worked! I'm suspecting it has to do with the configuration of the internal server's php... is there any special php function I should ask the IT team to enable? Thanks a bunch!
    H.K. Latiyan
    Participant
    There is no such specific configuration for this. There might be some js error on the page because of which the results are not loading, so try checking for js error. Let me know if this helps.
    rarego
    Spectator
    Thanks again... All my tryings are being unsuccessful. I'm installing WP and the theme again from scratch. So far the installing process of the Theme looks different since the last theme update (looks easier and more complete..would that make a difference?) But when installing the plugins, BBpress, Buddy Press, Event ON and Visual Composer the installer gives me an "ajax error"... See picture at: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B49c7KJyKibweHJ5QkY3WkJwRjg   Any idea why? could it be related to the missfunction?   Looking forward to your help. धन्यवाद   UPDATE: Ok, I read in another forum answer that this errors should be ignored. Thanks anyway, I will post again with any news after I reinstall everything and import all data.
    H.K. Latiyan
    Participant
    ok.
    rarego
    Spectator
    Hi again, Finally the IT team re-installed again Xampp in a Windows Server environment. I have several times installed from scratch WP and also WPLMS. I have tried instead of importing questions/quizzes/courses from previous installations (in case they were corrupted) to make all of them new. Nothing changed. Regarding permissions at server level, all the options seem to be enabled. Is there any chance that for some reason your theme would have any conflict with a Windows Server environment inside an intranet ? Any additional information would be much appreciated. Regards,  
    H.K. Latiyan
    Participant
    Unfortunately we haven't test this with this configuration i.e. windows server inside an intranet.
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • The topic ‘Check quiz results not working’ is closed to new replies.