Clean Installation issue: blank screen, only admin panel in WP

Home Forums Legacy Support Support queries Setup issues Clean Installation issue: blank screen, only admin panel in WP

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    DianaZahar
    Participant
    Hi I am installing the theme on a new installation in a subdirectory. When using the installation wizard, it all ended with white screen with the admin panel to the left. When installing without the wizard, it turned out that the error occurs when installing BuddyPress. I tried installing the plugins one by one two times and I can confirm that the error is caused by BuddyPress. Can you please offer a solution to this? I'll send login details separately in a private message, so you can take a look and maybe fix it, if possible. Cheers
    DianaZahar
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as private.
    DianaZahar
    Participant
    Additional note: I tried installing the theme again, after deleting WordPress and reinstalling it in a new directory, now the URL, mentioned in the login details above is therefore changed to https://wpbloggingnerd.org/eacademy/, login credentials are the same as in the private message above. I ran the one-click installer this time but skipped installing the plugins. It didn't gave an error this time. When afterwards installing all the plugins at once from the install plugins prompt message, it returned 500 internal server error. I accessed the server and renamed buddypress' folder and it resulted in me being able to access the site again. However, now BuddyPress is deactivated and as much as I can understand, it is required for the theme to function properly. So, this is third confirmation that the problem is BuddyPress. Solution please?  
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
    Okay ,I think you got it right ,its the buddypress plugin breaking the installation . Actually the site setup wizard might be installing an old version of buddypress plugin in your site  . We have discovered recently this issue . right not im getting your main site 404 page when accessing the sub-directory url . looks like you have removed the installation from there . Please try this method :  install wordpress there , before activating wplms theme simply install buddypress pluign first manually from wp-admin -> plugins -> add new . then activate wplms theme and the go through the normal installation process . If slider does not shows the use this tip to import home page again : https://vibethemes.com/documentation/wplms/knowledge-base/demo-switcher-2-8-1/ If above does not helps then please share your site url and admin  credentials to setup theme at your end .
    DianaZahar
    Participant
    Well BuddyPress updated and got installed on its own, no issues this time. The slider wasn't appearing but I fixed that. I get yet another compatibility issue though. This time with BadgeOS Community Add-on. Again recurring. Just to note, I haven't installed any plugins that didn't come with the theme. Also, I waned to ask: how do I find plugins that I didn't choose to use during the initial installation, if I change my mind? Last but not least, I can't find a contact form anywhere. Is there one available with the theme or what plugin do you recommend to use for that? Thanks, Diana
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
    1, Could you please share some details about the badgeOs community addon compatibility issues ? 2. Please goto wp-admin -> appearance -> install plugins . 3. Please check the contact page in your wp-admin > pages . It has a contact form . Please also check out this video to create your own : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QM8Us4X7umk
    DianaZahar
    Participant
    1.About the BadgeOS Community Add-on: first time I activated it, it started giving errors til it locked me completely out of the site with an internal server error. This was while still having issues with BuddyPress and BuddyPress was therefore deactivated. I deactivated it and the issues disappeared. Later on, after the issues with BuddyPress were resolved, I tried activating the addon again. It resulted in immediate 500 internal server error. I deactivated it and regained access. Then, I got a 500 internal server error out of the blue. I checked my installation and found out that the addon got somehow activated again. I deactivated and deleted it. This resolved the issue. But not sure whether I'm not missing out on important features? 2. About the plugins: I am asking because I can't find them in the plugin section. 3. Thanks. Now I get it how forms work :-)  
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
    1. Ok thanks for sharing the details . Please take a look at this tip for more on badgeos and decide whether you need it or not : https://vibethemes.com/documentation/wplms/knowledge-base/badgeos-integration-with-wplms/ Please make sure that your server has this much php configuration(contact webhost): WP Memory Limit:    128 Mb WP Max Upload Size:    32 MB PHP Post Max Size:    32 MB PHP Time Limit:    240 PHP Max Input Vars:    1000 2. All the recommended plugins are shown in this section : wp-admin=> appearance -> install plugins . check heree : http://prntscr.com/fua220
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The topic ‘Clean Installation issue: blank screen, only admin panel in WP’ is closed to new replies.