Close Course Automatically Upon Quiz Completion

Home Forums Legacy Support Support queries How-to & Troubleshooting Close Course Automatically Upon Quiz Completion

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    wpfireplugins
    Participant
    There has to be some way that the course will automatically close once the student passes the quiz. Currently, the student can go back and retake the quiz over and over to try and get a higher grade if the admin doesn't go and close the course. What am I missing?
    H.K. Latiyan
    Participant
    Hi, You can simply remove the quiz retakes. If the quiz retakes are set to 0 then the students can only do the quiz once. You can also enable the setting to hide the finish course button from the lms setting, this will hide the finish course button and after finishing all the units and the quiz the course will be finished automatically.
    wpfireplugins
    Participant
    Can you tell me where that is exactly?  Maybe a screenshot?   Thank you so much for your help!
    H.K. Latiyan
    Participant
    Hi, Below are the screenshots: 1) http://prntscr.com/hwrz0r 2) http://prntscr.com/hwryrx
    wpfireplugins
    Participant
    This is NOT what I needed. If a student doesn't pass the quiz, they need to be able to retake it 2 more times. What my problem is that once a student PASSES the quiz, the RETAKE QUIZ button should NOT show. How do I REMOVE the RETAKE button after the student PASSES the quiz?   And YES, I know this sounds crazy.  But my client said there are people who will keep taking the quiz just to try and get 100.  According to the certification specs, they can only take the quiz until they pass it. He wants the ability to keep retaking the quiz removed once the student passes the quiz.
    wpfireplugins
    Participant
    So here is what I REALLY need in all honesty..... Once the student passes the test, I need the course to automatically CLOSE/FINISH.  Right now, if the student passes and there are still retakes left, the course stays OPEN. The whole course should automatically COMPLETE once the student passes the Quiz. How do I do this?
    wpfireplugins
    Participant
    The course won't close if the student passes the test with retakes left until the student hits the FINISH COURSE button. This still allows them the ability to go retake the Quiz again....even if they already passed it...to try and get a higher score.
    Mark Morgan
    Spectator
    Well I understand your problem but in WPLMS this feature is not available. You have to set Retake Quiz option for all the students who passed the quiz or not.  
    wpfireplugins
    Participant
    Then how do I get this to work? There has to be some sort of work-a-round to remove the RETAKE QUIZ button and finish the course once the student passes the quiz.
    H.K. Latiyan
    Participant
    Hi, As already mentioned, this is not available in wplms as of now. The retake option will be shown to the users if there is retake left for that user otherwise not.
    wpfireplugins
    Participant
    So no recommendations?  No tips or suggestions? My client HAS to have this functionality and any help would be greatly appreciated. Can I create a custom plugin that will interact with the WPLMS plugin?  Can I inject custom code in the theme functions file?  
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
    Hi, You can disable quiz retakes when a student scores passing marks. Please follow the tip below. Tip : https://wplms.io/support/knowledge-base/disable-quiz-retakes-when-user-gets-marks-more-than-passing-score/ PS : set minimum passing marks to that quiz.
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • The topic ‘Close Course Automatically Upon Quiz Completion’ is closed to new replies.