Columm Shortcodes

Home Forums Legacy Support Support queries Styling issues Columm Shortcodes

Tagged: ,

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    RobDavies
    Spectator
    I'm trying to create a full width area on http://nilc.co.uk/ To contain the Course Search form I can see how thres_fifths column would work but how does this convert to something that is full width, The shortcodes used so are :   <p>[one_fifth]<br /><br />[/one_fifth][three_fifth]</p> <h1>Course Search:</h1> <p>[course_search]</p> <p>[one_third]</p> <p>&nbsp;</p> <p>[/one_third]</p> <p>[one_third]</p> <p>&nbsp;</p> <p>[/one_third]</p> <p>[one_third]</p> <p>&nbsp;</p> <p>[/one_third]</p> <p>[/three_fifth][one_fifth]<br /><br />[/one_fifth]</p>
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
    Try adding the given css from wp-admin ->appearance -> customize -> custom css : .column_content input[type="text"] { width: 100% !important; }
    RobDavies
    Spectator
    Hi Alex I've done that but  I can't see any change - any other suggestions ?    
    MrVibe
    Keymaster
    If the shortcodes appear as above with <p> tags appearing in between then it would not work as expected. Please make sure there are no p tags when you use the shortcode : <p>[one_fifth]</p>  = Incorrect [one_fifth]<p></p> = Correct.
    RobDavies
    Spectator
    Thanks - I'll adjust that. Just one thing I'm not understanding. So am I right in thinking that the CSS .column_content input[type="text"] { width: 100% !important; } Will make the input box push the columns to full width as it is enclosed in [one_fifth] [/one_fifth][three_fifth] <h3><span style="color: #ffffff;">FIND YOUR ACCREDITED TRAINING COURSE TODAY</span></h3> [course_search] [one_third]   [/one_third] [one_third]   [/one_third] [one_third]   [/one_third] [/three_fifth][one_fifth]   which to me is suggesting the darker area containing the form is 3/5th wide when I'm hoping to get it 100% wide?        
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
    The css will only make the search box to extend to the [three_fifth] column shortcode width . If you want to make it full  width then you can reove the two one_fifthe columns and can add a single full width.
    RobDavies
    Spectator
    Thanks Alex - can you confirm the shortcode for a full width column   Thanks     Rob
    MrVibe
    Keymaster
    which to me is suggesting the darker area containing the form is 3/5th wide when I'm hoping to get it 100% wide? Yes, that is correct. Any content you'll add will be full width. If you need full width container that is a maximum size of the content 1170px then you can use this shortcode : [v_resizable] content[/v_resizable]
    RobDavies
    Spectator
    That looks like the shortcode I needed - thank  you
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • The topic ‘Columm Shortcodes’ is closed to new replies.