Commission calculation

Home Forums Legacy Support Support queries How-to & Troubleshooting Commission calculation

Tagged: 

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    isigma
    Spectator
    I set up 70 (%) commission rate for the instructor, and made two purchases by a student. The total was 2 x 36.5= $73. The I want to LMS-Settings-Pay Commissions till the current date it shows zero commissions, which is correct, but till tomorrow is $5135.55 How was it calculated? There are now other transactions, but the course settings has 82 previously taken the course, although those are previous data, and there was no woo payment maid for them. Secondly, if I mark the payment as "Paid", shouldn't this number be subtracted from the total commission owed?
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
    Unable to replicate the issue . Can you please share proper steps that you have taken to purchase the course and check the commissions .Have you applied some kind of coupon code or something while purchasing the course Also please check if the instructor was a new instructor  and do not own any other courses .
    isigma
    Spectator
    I had only one Woo product, assigned to two courses ($36.5). I made one purchase for each course, no coupons, no other transactions. Both courses belonged to the same instructor, and purchase to a student. There might be an influence on calculations from some old DB fields, brought from the previous template, but I also checked, that the calculation is based on 'today's' transaction only. What table should I check anyway? Or where in the code if the formula? Also should the already paid amount be subtracted from the future  commission statistics?  
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
    Okay here is how the commissions are calculated: When the order is completed the commission array is saved in the order item meta . We have order id when the order is completed for the user .and all data is fetched using this order id [order items(products),courses,instructors ] . You can track the commissions calculated in a particuluar order to each instrcutor form woocommerce -> order -> open order . refer : http://prntscr.com/a6yeds Commissions are saved in the" wp_woocommerce_order_itemmeta " table . And yes the commissions are not subtracted once paid coz we use it to track the history of payouts in dashboard graphs etc .
    isigma
    Spectator
    Okay, I opened all the existing orders, and found that the very first one doesn't contain ANY commission info. When I deleted that order, all the statistics is correct now. Weird, huh? Can you also explain what is the best strategy to manage payouts? Is the following order right?
    1.  In Pay Commissions I generate the data by today's date.
    2. I see numbers for each instructor and pick one to pay out
    3. Now I need to know 1)when did I pay the instructor last time, 2)whether I paid him in full. Where can I get this info?
    4. I guess I click on <span style="line-height: 1.5;">LAST PAYMENT -> CHECK NOW to see the log of all payments, but I only see the last payment (as it stated :), which was maid to a different instructor.</span>
    5. <span style="line-height: 1.5;">So I go to Payouts, but the table here doesn't display instructors names neither amounts. Now I need to open each payout to get my info...  </span>
    6. <span style="line-height: 1.5;">It looks like it is easier to handle it old style, relaying on paper notes :).</span>
    Is there another way of doing it? If not, is it possible to plan some improvements for the future? Variant 1 (payment in less clicks).
    1. On the Pay Commissions page display LAST PAYMENT for each instructor under instructor's stats.
    2. Display additional field in the payout New Balance (or BALANCE) - the difference between commission amount, showed on   Pay Commissions page (from DB), and the amount paid (from the field, if manually corrected).
    In this case we generate commissions, we see the last payment date FOR THAT instructor, and if we need, we click on SHOW the payout to see if we owed something on that date. Then we show the commissions from that last payment date till today, and pay. Variant 2 (when it is impossible for some reason to display last payout date for each instructor) Just go to payouts page, but in that page columns we need to see the instructors names, and the balance for each transaction. In current implementation the payouts page is not informative. IT forces us to guess, and open each payout to see the details. We actually won't find anything inside, that couldn't be displayed in columns on the page.   I hope it makes sense.
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
    We are still unable to replicate the issue at our test site .It really is wierd . Okay we have decided to add another tab in the lms -> settings ->   Commissions that will show the  commissions stats instructor wise .It will hsow three fields : Instructor name Total commissions earned Total commissions paid That will hep admin to pay the commissions to the instructor well .
    isigma
    Spectator
    Great, thank you.That will work.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The topic ‘Commission calculation’ is closed to new replies.