Conditional visibility of menu items

Home Forums Legacy Support Support queries Setup issues Conditional visibility of menu items

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    mlapl1
    Participant
    Hello Sorry for asking so many questions. I would like to show or hide menu items according to status of the user (e.g. show a registration page only to non-logged in users). I have tried all the visibility plugins that I know but they all seem to rely on the normal WP login system. WPLMS does not use the normal login arrangement and, therefore, I am unable to control the visibility of menu items (I suppose I could foce sync between login to WPLMS and the normal WP login but I would like to avoid this). Do you have a solution for this problem? I know that most of the stuff on the LMS site consists of lessons etc but that is not all. Thanks for any help. Andrew
    Veronica
    hi this is the theme feature in wplms theme you can set menus for non logged in and logged in user but we can't provide that with other theme you should contact the theme support that you are using
    mlapl1
    Participant
    Thanks for the information. There are plenty of third party plugins that will provide conditional visibility BUT... wplms does not use cookies. Instead it uses in-browser tokens. Of course, these are not supported outside of wplms. An excellent reason for sticking with the WPLMS theme. I will have to experiment a bit more... cheers - you can consider this issue closed. Andrew
    mlapl1
    Participant
    I spoke too soon. Sorry to reopen this but... how do I set the conditional visibility of menus in the WPLMS theme?
    mlapl1
    Participant
    Let me clarify. I would like to control which items in the Main menu appear under different conditions e.g. I would like a Registration item to appear only if user is NOT logged in. I cannot see how to do that. I guess menus for non-logged in users etc. would have the same effect. Thanks for your help Andrew
    mlapl1
    Participant
    Please note that I need to modify the Main menu, not the login menu on the side of the dashboard.
    Veronica
    hi the delay in response is due to support holiday Refer: https://wplms.io/support/knowledge-base/student-and-instructor-specific-menus/ https://wplms.io/support/forums/topic/how-to-create-different-top-menu-if-logged-or-logged-out/
    mlapl1
    Participant
    Thank you
    Veronica
    closing this one for now if you need further assistance then you can create a new topic thanks
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • The topic ‘Conditional visibility of menu items’ is closed to new replies.