Configure these quiz setting by admin for default for all course

Home Forums Legacy Support Support queries How-to & Troubleshooting Configure these quiz setting by admin for default for all course

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)
  • Author
    silverchair
    Spectator
    1. When instructor creating a Quiz, I want to hide these option and I want to configure those option by Admin only for the default for all course. So I want to restrict Instructor to configure these setting. How can I do that? 2. And also, I want to hide "Search Question" for Quiz creation, because I want to force instructor to create question for each quiz, not connected to other course. Refer: https://prnt.sc/169zlml 3. I want to configure these setting (Assignment) only by admin for the default for all assignment, so hide/restrict the Instructor to change these configuration. How can I do that?
    silverchair
    Spectator
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Ada
    Participant
    Hi, yes, it's possible but admin have to set it from the code. It can not be set default using front-end. So whenever you will need to perform any changes you will need to change values from wplms-customizer.php file. Providing you code.
    silverchair
    Spectator
    Okay, it's alright, that's better for me. Thx
    silverchair
    Spectator
    For now, as a default configuration for all course: Auto Evaluate Results: Yes Number of questions per page: 1 Number of Extra Quiz Retake: 2 Post Quiz Message: Thanks for submitting your quiz, now you can move to next session/unit Show results after submission: Yes Add check answer switch: Yes Randomize quiz quiestion: Yes And please provide which value at the code I have to change when someday I want to change these configuration Thx so much...
    Ada
    Participant
    HI, For now there is no such hook so that we can save the default setting so that instructor can not edit it . I can only share code to set default value but then you'll need to hide these settings for instructor user type so that they can not edit it.
    silverchair
    Spectator
    Alright then, thats better for me as long as admin can change those configuration later and hide it for instructor user type...
    Ada
    Participant
    Sharing the code.
    Ada
    Participant
    Add it in wplms customizer.php

function quiz_instructor_control(){
    	if ( !current_user_can('manage_options') ) {
    		?>

<style>
    			#course_component .course_curriculum_builder .curriculum_element_wrapper.quiz_static .field_wrapper.field_switch, .field_wrapper.field_duration, .field_wrapper.field_number, .field_wrapper.field_editor {
    			    display:none !important;
    			}
    			#course_component .curriculum_element_wrapper.quiz_dynamic .field_wrapper.field_switch, .field_wrapper.field_duration, .field_wrapper.field_number, .field_wrapper.field_editor {
    			    display:none !important;
    			}
    			</style>
    			<?php
    	}

}
    add_action('wp_head','quiz_instructor_control');

silverchair
    Spectator
    Now "detailed description" is also gone https://prnt.sc/17fvrko
    silverchair
    Spectator
    1. Detailed Description , and many field on "SETTINGS" session gone. This happen on instructor account only, for admin it works normally. 2. "Search Question" still there, refer: https://prnt.sc/17fxcwd 3. PLEASE NOTE: I know how to set LMS > Course Nav , there are some field that I set to "SHOW", but after I put this code, those field are gone. 4. I don't know is it from the code u provide here, or from this topic: https://wplms.io/support/forums/topic/dont-connect-forum-or-assignment-to-other-course-unit/page/2/ Refer: https://prnt.sc/17fvrko & https://prnt.sc/17fwizu
    Ada
    Participant
    Hi, Please remove the code that I provided in this current topic. Actually I provided you css code so that admin can manage quiz setting values from front-end but it is causing other elements to disappear. I'll need to provide php code for this issue also.
    silverchair
    Spectator
    Okay, that's better. So you mean you will provide css code and php code also for this?
    silverchair
    Spectator
    Btw, your code has already removed, did you do that? Because I'm not removing it yet. It's ok if u're did that
    Ada
    Participant
    Hi Yes, I removed that code because it was css based code that was causing other elements to disappear. You can now add this code in wplms customizer.php.

add_filter('wplms_course_creation_tabs',function($tabs, $course_id=null, $user_id=null){
    	if($user_id && !user_can($user_id,'manage_options')){
    		$curriculum_elements = $tabs['course_curriculum']['fields'][0]['curriculum_elements'];  
        foreach ($curriculum_elements as $key => $curriculum_element) {
            if($curriculum_element['type'] == 'quiz'){
                foreach ($curriculum_element['types'] as $key1 => $quiz_type) {
                if($quiz_type['id']=='static') {
                	foreach ($quiz_type['fields'] as $key2=> $quiz_content){
                			//print_r($unit_content);
                			if($quiz_content['id']=='vibe_quiz_auto_evaluate' && !current_user_can('manage_options') ){

array_splice($curriculum_element['types'][$key1]['fields'], $key2,7);
                			}

}
                } 

}
                $curriculum_elements[$key] = $curriculum_element;       
            }
        }
        $tabs['course_curriculum']['fields'][0]['curriculum_elements'] = $curriculum_elements;

}
    	    return $tabs;

},10,1);

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)
  • The topic ‘Configure these quiz setting by admin for default for all course’ is closed to new replies.