Course access longer than course

Home Forums Legacy Support Support queries How-to & Troubleshooting Course access longer than course

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    birdybirdbird
    Participant
    I've got courses that last for 6 weeks but I want to allow access for 8 weeks so that students can continue to use the forums and access the materials. I've set the course length for 6 weeks but product subscription length for 8 weeks. Will that do it? If not, how can I do it? Thanks
    H.K. Latiyan
    Participant
    Yes this will do the job, when student purchases the course from the woocommerce checkout page then only the product duration is set as the course duration for that student. It means the product duration overrides the course duration when the student purchases it.
    birdybirdbird
    Participant
    Hi there. Unfortunately this hasn't worked and everyone was locked out of their course this morning when they should've had another 7 days access. Got lots of irate students! Help! How can I restore access for them please?    
    H.K. Latiyan
    Participant
    Well manually you can extend their subscription from the course admin area, refer: http://prntscr.com/ch2cdg If you are increasing the product duration after the student has purchased the course then its of no use, the product duration set at the time of purchase is set as course duration. So if you have increased the duration now, then  the new students who purchases this course will be able to view the course for more time.
    birdybirdbird
    Participant
    Thanks. I've extended the duration in the way you said, although the product duration was set to 14 days in Woocommerce when they signed up, and set to 7 days in the LMS. Any idea why the course duration might have overridden the product duration?
    H.K. Latiyan
    Participant
    Please share the course url and the admin credentials with us to check this at your end. PS: Please mark your reply as private while sharing the credentials.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The topic ‘Course access longer than course’ is closed to new replies.