Course Construction & Integration

Home Forums Legacy Support Support queries Setup issues Course Construction & Integration

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Zen
    Participant
    Can you direct me to instructions for setting up the course process using both subscription with per course discounted pricing? I've tried to follow previous instructions to set the courses up with both per course ($37) and Basic Membership ($17) pricing. As a test I set up a student login with Basic Membership permissions and under such I was not required to pay the $17 course fee. I set up a student account with Basic Membership permissions. Basic Membership is a monthly subscription that then offers a discounted course price. The test course is different product that has Linkage to the Basic Membership across the Product, Course and Unit pages. I obviously am missing something. With the Basic Membership selection through the course listing, it takes me to the course page where I select the Basic Membership option. The course shows the 'Start Course' green button. When clicked, it takes me directly to the course and does not offer the discounted Basic Membership price first. Once the course is selected, it takes me to the Course Status page. When I click on the 'Start Course' in the black bar on the bottom, it works fine. So, there doesn't seem to be any issues there.  
    MrVibe
    Keymaster
    Ok, here's how the Membership and Per Course Pricing (WooCommerce) work : Consider : Basic Membership site-wide (for all courses) with price $17/month and WooCommerce pricing on per course basis. Use Case 1 : Logged out User a. Views the Course : Sees a select dropdown with Membership and Single course Pricing b. Button Status : Take This course Use Case 2 : Logged in Student with no Membership a. Views the Course : Sees a select dropdown with Membership and Single course Pricing b. Button Status : Take This course Use Case 3 : Logged in User with Membership a. Views the Course : Sees a select dropdown with Membership and Single course Pricing b. Button Status : Start Course   For Use Case 3, since the user already had the membership, the course was auto-allocated to the user when the user views the course. My suggestion would be to test this with each of the above use cases. Let me know if this clarifies your doubts or I have missed some point.
    Zen
    Participant
    I miscommunicated my question. Here's how I was hoping to set things up: 1) Basic Membership at $27/mo with per course price of $17 2) Per Class pricing of $37 (it is my understanding I have to do this with a 'membership classification and linkage callouts My challenge is with setting the Basic Membership price ($27), then having each class at the $17 price. Is that possible to accomplish?
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
    Yes it is possible ,As you can connect miltiple membership level to your courses and also the same membership  level in different courses . Just create a membership level of 1 moonth duration and assign it to the course . Now if user purchases that membership then he would be able to access the course until membership expires.
    Zen
    Participant
    I've tried that, but the issue with a $27 basic membership gives access to the courses. I'm unable to configure a solution with the $17/course price afterward. Your saying it's possible and the reality for me of doing it hasn't found actual results. Can you give me more details that meets my requirements? Once the $27 membership is purchased, all courses become available. Are you saying that I need to create a membership and not connect any courses to it? How and where would that show up in the course selection or course masonry area?
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
    Okay you connected the same $27 membership to the courses . Please note that if you connect a membership to a course ,then if user purchases that membership ,she will get access to all courses which are connected with that membership . For giving access to a single course after purchasing the membership you need to connect the membership to that course only . This means you have to create a new $27 membership level for each course. Or You can try a new tip to add multiple products in course . Note : The multiple products can be connected from the back end(wp-admin) edit course page only . Refer : https://wplms.io/support/knowledge-base/show-multiple-pricing-for-course-via-woocommerce/ Following the above tip you can connect multiple products to the course . I hope this would give you enough options to complete your workflow of pricing of courses.  
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The topic ‘Course Construction & Integration’ is closed to new replies.