course data tied to non-unique identifier

Home Forums Legacy Support Support queries How-to & Troubleshooting course data tied to non-unique identifier

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Ashley Hayden
    Participant
    I deleted my dsiddy_test account last night, then created a new account with the same username and email address this morning.  When I started taking the mezcal quiz again, my previous answers were auto-populated.

The LMS should cue to the WordPress-generated unique ID number of the student, not any potentially replicable fields like username and email address.
    H.K. Latiyan
    Participant
    The answers were pre-populated because the answers are stored in the browser, unless the user submits the quiz. If you attempted the questions but did not submit the quiz the answers will remain in the browser and if same browser is used for another user the answers will pre-populate. The answers are saved in the browser assuming that the user would submit the quiz or the quiz would auto submit. And if the user leaves the quiz in between and continues the quiz in between the answers should auto-populate. The basic assumption is that once a quiz has been started by the user, she'll complete it from the same browser /computer. This has no connection with the account or the unique userId in WordPress. The saved answers in the database always use the userid as their primary parameter for saving answers.
    Ashley Hayden
    Participant
    That makes sense but what is the point of resetting a quiz or course for a student if the answers from their previous attempt are going to be populated?
    H.K. Latiyan
    Participant
    If the user submits the quiz and then she retakes the quiz or you reset the quiz, in both the cases the answers are not marked and seems like you are taking the quiz for first time.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘course data tied to non-unique identifier’ is closed to new replies.