Course is not completing

Home Forums Legacy Support Support queries Other issues Course is not completing

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)
  • Author
    bang
    Blocked
    Hello, When a student reaches 100% in the course they are not being taken to the course completion screen. It is hanging on the quiz completion screen with no option to go anywhere. This is the second time it has happened, the first time I intervened and assigned the certificate for them. This time the student is willing to wait while we get to the bottom of it. From what I can tell the following is happening:
    • The student is submitting the final quiz
    • They are not redirected to course completion screen
    • No emails are sent by the touch points that have been set up to the student or the instructor.
    • No certificate is applied to the account.
    I will give you the log in credentials for the admin and for the student in question ... would you please have a look and help me to diagnose and maybe fix the problem? Many thanks, A
    bang
    Blocked
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Jackson
    Blocked
    Hello, Issue only was that your finished course button was hide from the website,, After complete units user have to press " Finish course " after that course will be finished, Refer: https://prnt.sc/sxtfso Use this code to visible finish course button .page-template-start.page-template-start-php .more_course input.review_course.unit_button.full.button.hide { display:block !important; } Refer: https://prnt.sc/sxtia2 Thanks,
    bang
    Blocked
    Ah! So simple ... the reason why there was css to hide a button was to stop people from registering from the front end as the course is invitation only. The css must have applied to the course complete button also. So have you added that css to show the button or do I need to? I can't find the css that hid it so I am wondering if you have removed it? Can you please tell me ... you have now completed the course for that student, i can see there is now a certificate associated with his profile ... yet I received no emails saying the course had been completed. I wonder if there is still a problem?
    Jackson
    Blocked
    Hello, No, I do not removed css for complete course button, so use the code given in previous reply after that no need to do anything relate complete course, And for email you have to check that you enabled touch points for this task or not, Thanks,
    bang
    Blocked
    Ok thank you. The touch points have been configured and working for months. Only recently they have stopped.
    Jackson
    Blocked
    Hello, Make sure everything should be updated and deactivate your all third party plugins as well, After that check all touch points, Hope all working well, Thanks,
    bang
    Blocked
    Hello, I added the code you suggested, this however makes the "Finish Course" button appear on every unit page now which is confusing for the student. I don't believe CSS is the fix here. Can I please ask that you look into why? I shouldn't be un-hiding an element that has this class added to it in the page code. Something must not be working. I have added the code you suggested in the meantime under the customize > CSS tab but would appreciate if you could please find out why the finish course button is not showing. As to the touch points ... I have got these working thank you. The vibe course plugin wasn't updated and the password for the sending email had been changed so one of those was stopping them being sent.
    bang
    Blocked
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Jackson
    Blocked
    Hello, Finish course button is showing on your website, Refer: https://prnt.sc/t0kxt3 THanks,
    bang
    Blocked
    Jackson, The only reason the button is showing is because the css to force it to show is still being used, as you suggested. I did mention this is my above message which it seems you didn't read properly. I don't want this CSS to be forcing it as ... in even your screen shot ... the option to finish course is now available on every unit and I am convinced that it wasn't there before! The page html applies a class that hides this button which makes me think that it is only supposed to show when the course reaches 100%. If so, it is that function that is not working. I even told you that the css was still there and told you where to remove it to see what was causing the problem. Can you please read my messages properly and help me figure out why the course doesn't complete when all quizzes are done? I don't want to have CSS forcing it to show on all units. That is not a cure for the problem .. it is a plaster. I have turned off all nonessential plugins, I have removed all of my custom CSS to see why the course complete button stays hidden ... that doesn't fix the issue which means it is a problem elsewhere. Please help?
    Jackson
    Blocked
    Hello, First thing, You can see on my local setup, the position of finish course button same as on your setup, Refer: https://prnt.sc/t1ecr3 Second thing this is not a plaster , This is a solution to show this button because this is hide due to any custom css and cache saved on your browser by which you can not able to see the changes, that's why i am using this code to show the "Finish course button" Thanks,
    bang
    Blocked
    Hello, I really don't remember the finish course button always being there. Please accept my apologies. I do have a query though ... on completing the final quiz, does the system not automatically complete the course? I don't remember having to manually click "complete course" before. As to custom CSS ... i removed all css (Customiser and WPLMS > Miscellaneous) and the button still did not show. Do you know where else it may have been added?
    Jackson
    Blocked
    Hello, how can i understand you that finish course button always available at course page after start course, I have show you on my setup same thing, You can see same on wplms demos, It is hide only due to some code, And now you are capable to complete course so now i think there is no issue, Please try to understand this is default function of WPLMS theme, Thanks,
    bang
    Blocked
    Jackson, I understand and have apologised for not realising that the finish course button was always there. After having several students being unimpressed with the site due to the button somehow disappearing I have been disappointed and eager to get the site back to operating again. My question still stands though ... if I have removed all CSS that I added ... why would the button still be hidden? I still think that is a legitimate question. I realise with your code it is now showing but why did it get hidden in the first place if I didn't do it? Or at least ... I don't believe i did it. Also my second question ... does the system not auto complete the course after the last quiz? I don't remember having to press finish course before. I am just checking that's all. I am understanding everything you are saying. I don't feel you are understanding me though. I am in the process of trying to fully comprehend how the theme works and am kindly asking for your insight.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)
  • The topic ‘Course is not completing’ is closed to new replies.