course page does not open

Home Forums Legacy Support 4.0 Bugs & Issues course page does not open

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    shynkaryk
    Participant
    After yesterday's update of plug-ins, one of the courses does not open - a blank page opens, as in the video: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1JqKQkehj9FgzDCTTOCeLOueYhbbiP9k8/view?usp=sharing What could be the reason?
    MrVibe
    Keymaster
    question: 1. Is this course specific ? Does this happen with all courses or 1 particular course. 2. Is this student specific ? All users to 1 specific student. The most likely reason for such issues is inconsistent data from the returning api call. This can happen if a unit was added in the course with inconsistent data. for example you enabled Drip feed with dyamic drip but the unit duration is set to 0 .
    shynkaryk
    Participant
    1. This is manifested in one course - I created it in theme version 3.x and migrated to 4.x. Probably problem is due to this. 2. This appears in some students, not all. I noticed that if I cancel a passed unit or quiz for a student, the problem disappears. So I do so far. If I notice any more regularities, I will write to you in more detail about it. Thank you!
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
    This reply has been marked as private.
    shynkaryk
    Participant
    Thank you! I try to determine the pattern when this happens. The only thing that has been determined so far is that the course does not load if the user starts the quiz and leaves the page without sending the quiz. When the user tries to reopen the course, he has a white page. This can be checked by any user. In this case, I pass this quiz first, and then cancel for the user - and the course opens. This was not the case before. I explore the patterns further.
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
    Hi yes we replicated this very strange issue , can you please provide us your valid ftp creds in private reply to check the issue at your end .
    shynkaryk
    Participant
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
    shynkaryk
    Participant
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
    Well this is something your webhost can tell.Most probably its some kind of permissions issue to the user.
    shynkaryk
    Participant
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
    Ok the issue if fixed and same fix will be added in next update of wplms plugin .
    shynkaryk
    Participant
    Thank you! It seems to be working well already. This topic can be closed, thanks for the help)
    Veronica
    thanks for your confirmation @shynkaryk closing this one
Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • The topic ‘course page does not open’ is closed to new replies.