Courses not showing on page All Courses

Home Forums Legacy Support Support queries Setup issues Courses not showing on page All Courses

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    ctleum
    Participant
    After installing WPLMS Demo Content 1 and activating the WPLMS Theme White, no courses appear in the page /all-courses/. Also, the fonts are not the fonts I expected. Thank you, Ctleum
    H.K. Latiyan
    Participant
    The screenshot shows two different pages, course filter and all courses page. Please make sure all courses page is connected in the wp-admin->settings->buddypress->pages->course. If not then please connect it and save it. Let me know if this helps.
    ctleum
    Participant
    Yes, I checked to see that the WP settings at:
    wp-admin/network/admin.php?page=bp-page-settings are linking to the page all-courses
    This is a multi-site WPLMS installation, and the sub-site pages are still not showing all courses. Chris  
    ctleum
    Participant
    Dear Keymaster, I would appreciate your suggestion on how to make the All Courses page the page that is displayed at ....com/all-courses/. On a multi-site sub-site I set the static landing page to All Courses, in Settings > Reading.  And, I could edit the page with Visual Composer.  👌🏽 But now the page Course Directory appears at the page .com/all-courses/. And, I cannot edit or locate the page Course Directory. I can also confirm that the All Courses page is connected in the wp-admin->settings->buddypress->pages->course. Please advise, Chris  
    ctleum
    Participant
    Dear Keymaster, I see that I can edit the All Courses page with Visual Composer (Front End), but I really prefer the template from WPLMS because it has a button "Create a Course" for instructors. This easy to use button is most important for my purpose. How do I use that template for All Courses pages on sub-sites? Regards, Chris
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
    Well there's a little issue with  the Buddypress when the directory pages are set as home pages . Please do not set the all courses page (which is a directory page ) as you home page . this is a limitation with the Buddypress plugin itself . Please try setting a another page as home page. Also do share your network url and network admin credentials to check the issue at your end . PS : mark reply as private while sharing credentials .
    ctleum
    Participant
    I have set the Front Page, Reading to the Home page, and the ../All-Courses/ page is still a "Course Directory" which cannot be edited and should be taken down. Only the top level site does the All-Courses page appear, and look good, but I would like to edit it. But, on the sub-sites, it appears as a Course Directory - which is not suitable, and not editable? I wish to have the All Course page to appear on the sub-sites, and also to edit the content and layout of the All Courses page. Please advise, Chris [caption id="" align="alignnone" width="786"]Can I edit the layout of this directory/page? Can I edit the layout of this directory/page?[/caption]
    ctleum
    Participant
    Dear Alex, One other related issue. When I first load the page, the images for the courses are too large, and then when I click on the button All Courses, the images shrink to a nice, small size. How can I  edit that course directory/page? Sincerely, Chris  
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
    Thanks for sharing all these information and screenshots . Make sure that your wplms theme and all its plugins are updaetd to latest version and you have followed this tutorial for multisite installation : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eEaxMeM3GOk Can you please share your site url and network admin credentials to check the issue properly at your end ?
    ctleum
    Participant
    Sorry, Alex, unfortunately due to policy I cannot provide guest users with any login credentials, and the server is not yet accessible from outside the local network. However, I assure you that it is up and running. My IT team can investigate any issues that typically cause these issues. Could I ask you to kindly provide more settings for my technically minded colleague to check, please. I am happy to provide a video or more information of any aspect of the setup that will help diagnose this very important issue. Perhaps this is the biggest issue I face as the purpose of this site is to create a list of courses. Sincerely, ctleum
    ctleum
    Participant
    Dear Alex, Is there any information you need to diagnose the issue? Please let me know. Sincerely, C.
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
    We are creating a multisite demo you can check that the directory is working fine on both the sites . http://themes.vibethemes.com/wplms/skins/ms/all-courses/ http://themes.vibethemes.com/wplms/skins/ms/fr/all-courses/ we followed the same tutorial for multisite installation : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eEaxMeM3GOk
    ctleum
    Participant
    Thank you. My goal is edit the layout of the course directory in each sub-site. In the WPLMS documentation I did not see how to edit the layout of each course directory? Should I use Visual Composer in the Frontend to add elements to the page? Should I edit the page All Courses in each sub-site, or just the top-level site? Your advice is greatly appreciated, C.
    ctleum
    Participant
    I see a page has some information that might help. Would you suggest trying this? Or, is their an easier way? C.
    http://vibethemes.com/envato/wplms/documentation/developer-guide.html#course
    Directory pages (All Members, All Activity, All Courses, All Groups) : All the directory pages are pages connected at the WP Admin - settings - BuddyPress - Pages section. Any page connected here is built using BuddyPress template files and none of the WordPress content will be shown.
    For example : The course directory page is built using the wplms/course/index.php file. To overwrite this or build a new layout, you need to add the folder "course" in your child theme and add an index.php file which would overwrite the one in the parent WPLMS theme.
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
    Thanks for clarifying your query. Yes this is the way to edit the directory pages in wplms . There are 5 inbuilt layouts which you can select for each of the subsites. Simply go to the wp-admin ->appearance->customiser->layouts -> directory  section of the subsite and select the layout of the directory for the subsite. refer : http://prntscr.com/bkdn6p  
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • The topic ‘Courses not showing on page All Courses’ is closed to new replies.