Creating custom course block

Home Forums Legacy Support Support queries How-to & Troubleshooting Creating custom course block

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    fdittmar
    Participant
    Team, is there better documentation / instructions than the 5 year old kb article on this? I'd like to create a new block for display in the carousels and would like to combine elements of some of the existing blocks, eg. want: * the basic design of block 5 with the date below (but the price deleted) * the instructor image from block 3 in the bottom right of the course image * the top right corner image overlay from the postblock block but not with the course-category but the course duration (as in block 8). I tried creating a new function by just combining the desired elements from course 3 & 5 to start with but the code crashes my WP. Are there really no better examples available that would help us non-coders with such a basic design requirement? many thanks
    fdittmar
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Diana
    Participant
    The link leads to error 404 Try this tip as a starting point and then modify it accordingly: https://wplms.io/support/knowledge-base/creating-custom-featured-block-style/
    fdittmar
    Participant
    Diana
    Participant
    I shared the tutorial link above so that you can refer that Need any other help?
    fdittmar
    Participant
    Yes, I need help. I used that 'tutorial' as a base and used data / structure from featured.php so want to know whether what i've done is the correct way / possible. Obviously it doesn't work at the moment... thanks
    Diana
    Participant
    These steps are missing: http://prntscr.com/u1gr6v Due to which it is not showing any new registered custom block style
    fdittmar
    Participant
    Hi @diana Yes, but that's only for the display of the thumbnail image (in the builder), isn't it. I cut / pasted together a new block with some of things I want (as you can see in my gist) but need to know that that process is ok as I have done it. That code function immediately white-screens my WP now and I don;t want to try to fix it if it's totally wrong and can't be written like that. I would rather modify an unused block in featured.php itself and then redo the code every time there is a theme update... In all the 5 years since the tutorial was written there has never been a decent update with instructions on how to change the course block display so most people try and give up (I looked through dozens of posts here going back all the years).
    Diana
    Participant
    fdittmar
    Participant
    Diana
    Participant
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • The topic ‘Creating custom course block’ is closed to new replies.