Curiculum/lesson availability

Home Forums Legacy Support Support queries Setup issues Curiculum/lesson availability

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    iguanaacademy
    Spectator
    Is it possible that when the student started the course on Wednesday, the student can access the next curiculum/lesson next Mondayy? I We set up drip feed of 7 days. Here's the screenshot http://prnt.sc/f2h79y
    H.K. Latiyan
    Participant
    You have set the drip feed to 1 week, this means the user will be able to access the next unit after 1 week only. If the user starts the course on Monday then only she can access it on next Monday, but if she starts the course on Wednesday then she cannot access the next unit on the Monday as the drip feed is set to 1 week. This makes no sense to give access of the next unit before the drip feed duration.
    lincourtl
    Participant
    Sorry to interject myself into this ticket, but I thought there already was, or it was planned, a way to have the drip feed calculated from the start date of the course. Could you clarify if this is available or planned? If not, then I'll put in a feature request.
    H.K. Latiyan
    Participant
    The request for this was the drip feed from origin (from when the user started the course), and yes this has been implemented in the wplms. But here the issue is different, the user wants to give the access of the next from before the drip feed set.
    iguanaacademy
    Spectator
    Thanks for the response. I am interested, like lincourtl above, in setting the timing (including drip feed) by the date admin starts the course. Going by user-start-time really gets messy, as our goal is to have students on the same page, taking lessons together as a group rather than each at their own pace. I'm thrilled that WPLMS can be set per admin start dates. Can you provide every step/setting to set the drip feed to release a unit every 7 days/1 week from the date we (admin) set the course starting date? That way, whether a student begins the course on time or not, the next unit is release (drip-fed) 7 days after the course start date that WE admin set, not when the student stsarted. Thanks!
    lincourtl
    Participant
    Yes, that is our use case as well. If course starts on Monday, with units or sections dripped at one per week, and a student starts the course on Wednesday, then the next unit or section should be available the following Monday, not on the following Wednesday. This is not uncommon. Our students are almost always enrolled in their courses before the course start date but sometimes they are lazy, or life intervenes, and they don't start the course until a few days after the start date. Sometimes we get a special request to enroll after the course start date. Either way, the student should not be perpetually a few days behind all the other students in his or her access to the units or sections.
    iguanaacademy
    Spectator
    Exactly. Ditto for us. Well expressed, lincourtl.
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
    In that case please set the drip feed settings as per screenshot : http://prntscr.com/f39n1f note the drip feed origin settings is set to starting point . In this case system will calculate the access time of unit based on the time user started the course .
    iguanaacademy
    Spectator
    Thanks, Alex. However, we need to disable any effect the user has on the drip-feed. We need the course timing (drip-feed) to be based ONLY on the course start date set by admin. This is standard operating procedure for schools and colleges in order to maintain consistency and reduce admin headaches. If the timing of the units is at all affected by the user's schedule, then it creates havoc for us, for we need groups to move on a single set schedule, not many schedules. Units dispensed on the same day every week throughout the course.  Students expect ALL course units to be available Mondays at 12:00AM. Please advise ALL settings for course and units to ensure this works as requested. Thanks so much. Tim
    lincourtl
    Participant
    I concur with Tim (iguanaacademy).
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
    Well as of now this kind of control on units is not available by default in wplms . But we have batches addon plugin which controls the access of the whole course . you can set any schedule with the help of batch over your course . since user cannot start/continue the course she will have not access to the courses units also . for more info on batch course schedule please refer : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KSYaZPT65RI
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • The topic ‘Curiculum/lesson availability’ is closed to new replies.