Custom Color not working in widgets

Home Forums Legacy Support Support queries Styling issues Custom Color not working in widgets

Tagged: ,

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    mako
    Spectator
    Hello I am using the default theme with minimal skin and as primary color a custom #1e496c But in several areas of the page i still see the default link color "some light green" can you please tell me how to fix this.  I tried by using the style.css under the line " place your custom color here"-  but no change done in that CSS file affects the page style. Have a look at my screenshot and i thank you in advance
    H.K. Latiyan
    Participant
    If you want to add custom css then I will recommend you to add it in either appearance->customize->custom css  or use a child theme, say  blank child theme and add the custom css in its style.css file. If the changes are not visible then first please try clearing the browser cache.
    mfarmer
    Spectator
    Hi Mako, I'm pretty good at CSS and I have customized this theme quite a bit.  If you post the URL to your website here, I can tell you what CSS code will change your link colors...  Post the URL here, and I will reply asap
    H.K. Latiyan
    Participant
    Let me know if you need any help with it. Ps: Just adding this reply so it won't show in our pending issues.  
    mako
    Spectator
    Hello Latiyan thank you very much, I kinda of figured out what is going on.  i did not want to use the customizer, i am a programmer myself and have some good CSS skills. i also dont want to  use a child theme anymore since i am way to far from the beginning but  i ended up writing the css code in the custom css  apprearance/customize.  You got a bug there, things looks pretty different in the customizer, soon you reload a few times then you see the changes, still many classes do not take the theme default color you apply and is when you have to write them extra for example i am using the minimal theme and i set a primary color of blue, many links and hover effects still take the default light green of the default theme. I have a small list of issues  so far and soon i am finish i will come back and do a round of possible bugs so you can check them all out.   in the meantime happy coding and thank you for your help  and happycoding!    
    H.K. Latiyan
    Participant
    Hi@mako: I myself use blue as my primary color on my test setup for a long time, but I never faced this issue. So I could be that some of your pages are cached please try clearing the browser cache and also try clearing the server cache. Also specify the areas where you face this issue so that I can cross check it again.
    inmarkmedia
    Spectator
    Hi I am still having the green line issue pop up. What is the work around?   inmarku.com
    Diana
    Participant
    @inmarkmedia, Please create your own topic for your own issues. Do not post on others topic. Share some screenshots with us where these green lines appear  
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The topic ‘Custom Color not working in widgets’ is closed to new replies.