Custom Course details specific to a course

Home Forums Legacy Support Support queries How-to & Troubleshooting Custom Course details specific to a course

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    soulshakepower
    Spectator
    Hi, I was using the code from this tip to add custom course details specific to each course. But since 2.9 update (I went from 2.4 to 2.9) the custom course details are not showing anymore under the take this course button. I had custom details in 200+ courses, so I really need this information. I always read very carefully your changelog, yet it was never mentioned that this was going to be deprecated. + the tip is still on the forum. Is there a line of code to change so they show up again on the front-end? Cause it works fine to add them from the back end. The new features for managing course details from LMS/settings/general/courses + the new tips to add custom ones there are great but they all apply on a global level.. Thanks for your help!
    H.K. Latiyan
    Participant
    Hi... This is because we have now added this option in lms->settings->course settings, refer: http://prntscr.com/fy35o6 Now you can directly go there and add the details according to your requirements.
    soulshakepower
    Spectator
    Hi H.K, Thanks for quick reply. However, as explained on my post above, I am talking about course details specific to EACH course. Through LMS>settings>course settings, even when I add a custom detail, I have to set a label and a value, and then it becomes a global detail that shows up on every course! How can I have something that can be set on the course level, like I use to have using above-mentioned tip? I am postponing the theme update cause I need this on my 200+ courses :-p Thanks
    H.K. Latiyan
    Participant
    Hi, In that case first you'll have to go to the lms->settings->course settings, now delete all the details present there and save it. Now since the blank value is saved so the details settings will default to previous one i.e. it will work as it was working in earlier versions.
    soulshakepower
    Spectator
    Hi H.K, Awesome it worked! Thank you so much!! Plus I found the last post from this topic where you detail how to add custom icons for each course detail and this is something I wanted for a long time :-) Long life to WPLMS, you can put your resolved stamp. Have a nice day! Martin
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘Custom Course details specific to a course’ is closed to new replies.