Custom field slug url

Home Forums Legacy Support Support queries How-to & Troubleshooting Custom field slug url

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    derrick
    Spectator

good evening. please i want to change the members directory slug from what i set (example ”/members/) to a conditional slug based on a custom field.

detailed scenario: when a user logs in, and tries to access his/her profile or group? his/ her base slug will be based on his/her company name filled in the registration.(example: mydomain.com/vibethemes/Derrick) assuming i filled in vibethemes as my company name.

hpw do i achieve that? tried to read on some tweaks but my php knowledge is to limted and i want to prevent breaking the site by my tweaks

Thank you

www.sronulms.com
    derrick
    Spectator
    <p style="box-sizing: border-box; margin: 0px 0px 16px; padding: 0px; color: #666666; font-family: 'Helvetica Neue', Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif; font-size: 14px; line-height: 1.5; background-color: #fafafa;">good evening. please i want to change the members directory slug from what i set (example ”/members/) to a conditional slug based on a custom field.</p> <p style="box-sizing: border-box; margin: 0px 0px 16px; padding: 0px; color: #666666; font-family: 'Helvetica Neue', Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif; font-size: 14px; line-height: 1.5; background-color: #fafafa;">detailed scenario: when a user logs in, and tries to access his/her profile or group? his/ her base slug will be based on his/her company name filled in the registration.(example: mydomain.com/vibethemes/Derrick) assuming i filled in vibethemes as my company name.</p> <p style="box-sizing: border-box; margin: 0px 0px 16px; padding: 0px; color: #666666; font-family: 'Helvetica Neue', Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif; font-size: 14px; line-height: 1.5; background-color: #fafafa;">hpw do i achieve that? tried to read on some tweaks but my php knowledge is to limted and i want to prevent breaking the site by my tweaks</p>
    Diana
    Participant
    @derrick, This functionality is of BuddyPress. The thing you want to change the BuddyPress Parent Slug Dynamically which is not handled by us. We only used the BuddyPress Functionality in our theme. I can tell you how to change the slug but for changing it according  to the custom field need BuddyPress Plugin Modification which falls under customization
    derrick
    Spectator
    <p style="text-align: left;">so what is your advice in order to do that which i need. just tell me what to do.</p> tell me more about this category "customisation" and what i need to do.
    Diana
    Participant
    @derrick, I am sorry but this is not possible to fetch dynamically the field value and then change the slug accordingly
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘Custom field slug url’ is closed to new replies.