Custom Fields on course backend

Home Forums Legacy Support Support queries How-to & Troubleshooting Custom Fields on course backend

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    ulyssesw
    Spectator
    Hi, I realise that the Custom Fields, at the backend, of the courses, are not all the same. I was looking for "vibe_students", and some courses have this, some courses do not have. Is it suppose to be in this way? Regards.
    H.K. Latiyan
    Participant
    No need to worry about the meta fields these are different for every course and if some fields are missing then it means that it is not set yet, but in future it will be automatically be set. You can ignore these fields and carry on with your course without making any changes in the fields.
    ulyssesw
    Spectator
    How about if i need to set values for "vibe_students" for all courses?
    H.K. Latiyan
    Participant
    Then you'll have to edit each and every course and set the "vibe_students". However I'll not recommend you to do so because when new student will be added in the course then it will be recalculated and the correct student count will be shown automatically and not according to what you have set there. So its waste of time to edit it.
    ulyssesw
    Spectator
    Some questions: 1) Why isn't every course the same? Some have the custom field, some doesn't have. 2) Referring to this thread: https://wplms.io/support/forums/topic/total-students-counter/ It says if we put in a value in "vibe_students", and set maintain student count accuracy to "No", then every new student will be add to the value we set in the "vibe_students". This is what im trying to accomplish. Put in a student count in all courses and let all new students to add on to this value.
    H.K. Latiyan
    Participant
    Yes if you set the maintain accurate student count to "No" then you can achieve this. If there is no vibe_student field available in custom fields then you can add one yourself and it will work just fine.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The topic ‘Custom Fields on course backend’ is closed to new replies.