Customize the course unit template

Home Forums Legacy Support Support queries How-to & Troubleshooting Customize the course unit template

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    maximka11
    Spectator
    Hey guys. I'd like to customize the unit template. For example I'd like to change the position of the featured image of each course unit. Where can I find the course unit template?! I'm using the modern child. Thanks a lot!
    H.K. Latiyan
    Participant
    By default we never show featured image in course unit. Can you please share the screenshot where is the featured image shown ?
    maximka11
    Spectator
    I know that this is not the default feature. I've used your hack, described here: https://wplms.io/support/forums/topic/featured-image-in-unit/. But my questions is: where and how can I customize the unit-template? I've tried to edit the files "single-unit.php" - no changes. So I need your help. My particular need is to move the "feature image" above the title (above the $content) and place it between the header and course-meta:  
    H.K. Latiyan
    Participant
    This is the course status page and start.php file is loaded here (present in the theme). But there is no hook to add the image at the top of the page. It will come in the unit content only.
    maximka11
    Spectator
    But can I move the featured image above the unit title? This should be possible, I guess. Thanks.
    maximka11
    Spectator
    Can you please tell me how to customize the unit template? Which theme files are responsible for the units? Thank you.
    H.K. Latiyan
    Participant
    No it will come in the content only on course status page. ----------- The single unit page comes from the single-unit.php file present in the wplms theme.
    maximka11
    Spectator
    Thank you for your reply. Unfortunately I can't confirm this. When I delete ALL single-.php files (including single-unit.php) from the wplms theme folder -> there is NO effect, NO changes. Looks like the file start.php is responsible for loading the units. But still I have no chance to make some minor changes to the units template itself. So I'm pretty confused - you can't help me with that?! :((
    H.K. Latiyan
    Participant
    Start.php file is loading the course status page and then the units are loaded on course status page only. But single.php file loads the single unit page (not in course status page). I asked for unit template i.e. single unit page and it is loaded from single-unit.php file only. Course status page (start.php) is completely different and its not related to unit template.
    maximka11
    Spectator
    But when I do changes to the file single-unit.php - there is no effect. So I can't modify the units design template. That's confusing.
    H.K. Latiyan
    Participant
    I guess you are confusing with the single unit page and course status page. The single unit page looks like this: http://prntscr.com/cz4qb9 And course status page looks like this: http://prntscr.com/cz4qvp
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • The topic ‘Customize the course unit template’ is closed to new replies.