Customizer not working properly

Home Forums Legacy Support Support queries Styling issues Customizer not working properly

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
  • Author
    LeapAtLife
    Participant
    Hi, I've got a few problems on my site The customizer doesn't seem to change the colour of the background of the header section. I'm not sure why, or if I'm changing the wrong thing? Also, there is a gap between the header section and the first section of the page. I cannot figure out how to remove this gap. I have changed the page template to 'no title' but the gap remains. Also, there is a broken icon at the top right hand corner of the page where the user name is placed. How can I fix this? Thanks!
    LeapAtLife
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as private.
    LeapAtLife
    Participant
    Ada
    Participant
    Hi, I checked on your site. Customize section is working and the colors are also changing . see-> https://drive.google.com/file/d/1AYY9mS1ktth4jhN3Xx3lq8e6RJzp7_bQ/view Only the header background image color is not working for this you can use a custom css in appearance>>customize>>custom css add the color code as per your need.

header.generic.fix {
        background-color:#5a5a56 !important;
    }

To remove this space between header and content you can add this css code in custom css section.

.home-page section#content {
        padding-top:90px !important;
    }

LeapAtLife
    Participant
    Oh, ok Will there be a fix for these things at some point? Also there is the broken icon in the top right corner. It makes the site look dodgy. Any way to fix this? https://prnt.sc/13mgzmm Thanks!
    LeapAtLife
    Participant
    Also, the CSS panel is empty https://prnt.sc/13mhjou Another thing is that I have not been able to get the Demo switcher to work. And if I download a new options panel through the setup wizard, it deletes everything that I have already saved in the WPLMS options panel.
    Ada
    Participant
    HI, https://prnt.sc/13mgzmm This is a user profile image that user can set or you can set a default profile image for new users from wplms>>bbuddypress>> upload buddypress default member avtar. About custom css section- This section is for personalised custom css for your site. there is no issue if it's empty. You can change demo from wplms>>demo switcher. Please explain what issue you are facing while changing the demo.
    LeapAtLife
    Participant
    LeapAtLife
    Participant
    With the CSS section - when I said 'empty' I meant that there was no box to add CSS. Please see the screenshot above. I have no option for adding CSS. Here are the notes I wrote into facebook messenger about the troubles with demo switcher: "When I click on customizer in the demo switcher, it downloads something, but nothing happens. The home page does not change. Is there something else I need to do?" "It created a new page, and it automatically set the page as home, but the style was still in the previous demo". "Ok, I have managed to change the style by going through the setup wizard again to install the new customizer. Would be better if the demo switcher worked. Is the theme not working properly, or is it just my installation?" I never really got any answers from the messenger team. The only thing that the demo switcher did was allocate a new homepage - I think it had the new demo template - but the header and footer didn't change to the new demo version. It was the header and footer that I really wanted to change. Also, it didn't download any fonts. I actually had no fonts until I downloaded the options panel in the setup wizard. I haven't tried the demo switcher again. I have been too afraid in case it doesn't work. Thanks!
    Ada
    Participant
    Hi, You can get different colors by adjusting the sidebar in the color palette https://drive.google.com/file/d/1gUpj5MfORGKeIJepi_K58DJX-OW1FKmq/view I checked your site again and found that few colors are not changing using customizer on your site so can I disable third party plugins on your site to check the issue. When using demo switcher you need to set header footer yourself or you can do so by re-running setup wizard. Please tell the demo name if you want to change your demo, I'll setup that on your site.
    LeapAtLife
    Participant
    Yes, please go ahead and check out the site. Turn off the plugins as you need to. I may be taking care of things in there, but just go ahead. If you could check the colours of the header text as well that would be great, because when the page is scrolling, the wrong colours are applied (as I was trying to explain above). Thanks!
    LeapAtLife
    Participant
    Also, if you have a fix for the custom CSS section, that would be good too, so I don't have to place everything directly in the files.
    Ada
    Participant
    Hi, You can put any custom css code here in appearance>>customize>>custom css You do not need to put your code in the child theme style.css. please add this custom css code here ->https://drive.google.com/file/d/1nc6LYN8HYhwJRvr9FL49CW8x08AcWUK0/view

header.fixed nav>.menu>li>a {
        color: rgb(255 255 255 / 93%) !important;
    }

LeapAtLife
    Participant
    Oh, I see. I was looking for a small box for the CSS. Ok, I have one other problem, the page seems to be sending the mobile version to another page. Look up: acidrefluxformula.com Desktop is one version, and mobile is another?
    LeapAtLife
    Participant
    Ok, the desktop/mobile issue is resolved, but I noticed on mobile, the gap between the header and the first section is still there, whereas on desktop it is not. Is there any reason for that?
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
  • The topic ‘Customizer not working properly’ is closed to new replies.