Deleting older theme versions

Home Forums Legacy Support Support queries How-to & Troubleshooting Deleting older theme versions

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    coaching-quebec
    Spectator
    Hi! Is there a safe way to remove older theme versions? I tried to do it via FTP and I had awful result...I had to rollback with Vaultpress. Thanks for the hint!
    H.K. Latiyan
    Participant
    Hi.. If there are multiple wplms folders present in the theme directory then you need to delete the older one only and not the latest one.
    coaching-quebec
    Spectator
    That's what I did (deleted the older theme folder), but the site crashed so I had to rollback.
    Hi, @Coaching-Quebec. Please identify the folder of the theme that is enabled on your site. Then delete the folder that is not being used on your site. You must have deleted the active WPLMS theme.  
    coaching-quebec
    Spectator
    Hi! I tried again today to delete version 2.6.1. (is it not my active theme, I updated to 3.5.1 this summer), and the website crashes with this error : Warning: require_once(/wp-content/themes/wplms/options/validation/theme-update/class-theme-update.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/hy3041/pnlenligne.com/wp-content/themes/wplms351/includes/config.php on line 35 Fatal error: require_once(): Failed opening required '/wp-content/themes/wplms/options/validation/theme-update/class-theme-update.php' (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/hy3041/pnlenligne.com/wp-content/themes/wplms351/includes/config.php on line 35 UPDATE : I had to rename the new theme folder via FTP for wplms (I used to name it wplms351 to remember the version #) Topic can be closed
    Diana
    Participant
    @coaching-quebec Thanks for updating us. Closing this topic
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The topic ‘Deleting older theme versions’ is closed to new replies.