Different user menu after clicking 'forum'

Home Forums Legacy Support Support queries How-to & Troubleshooting Different user menu after clicking 'forum'

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    birdybirdbird
    Participant
    When a student looks at their course, they have a menu with three items - home, forum, course content -  as per this screenshot   When they click on forum, they get a completely new menu, as below, and clicking on the home button takes them back to the course batch, rather than the course home page.   How do I make this so when the student clicks on 'forum' they get the same three menu items as on the course home page? Additionally, I want to make the batches completely invisible to the students. The ONLY time they should have any interaction with the batches is when they select what date they want the course to start. How can I remove all evidence of them from the site, including the 'leave batch' option on their profile? Thanks
    H.K. Latiyan
    Participant
    When you click on forum, then you are redirected to forum page and on forum page the course menu cannot be shown. But there is back to course button on the forum so you can click on that button to go back to course.
    birdybirdbird
    Participant
    There must be a way of having a consistent menu. It's complete usability gibberish otherwise. How do I change the 'home' link on the forums? I don't want users to be able to go to any of the batch information. How do I remove the 'batch' and 'members' menu items from the forum menu? There is no 'return to course' button on any of my forums Thanks
    H.K. Latiyan
    Participant
    Its not possible to have same menu as of now, because forum comes from bbpress plugin which is maintained by wordpress and we do not have permission to make any changes in its code. ----------- Try creating a new forum and then connect it to any course, then go to forum page and you'll see the back to course button.
    birdybirdbird
    Participant
    But the menu say 'Batches'. Batches is a WPLMS plugin and nothing to do with bbpress, so presumably that's part of WPLMS code and can be changed? I really need to remove it. There must be a way. Also 'members' is from Buddypress, not bbpress, so again there must be a way of changing it or removing it?   None of my forums have a back to course button.
    H.K. Latiyan
    Participant
    You must have named the group as batches that's why its showing there, batches are buddypress groups and if you connect forum with the group then the group name will be shown in the forum menu.
    birdybirdbird
    Participant
    The group is called "7 ideas January'. Look at the original screenshot again. It is showing all the details from the batch/group, not from the forum. The home  button takes the user to domain.co.uk/groups/7-ideas-january, the Batch link takes the user to domain.co.uk/groups/7-ideas-january/batch. This menu is nothing to do with bbpress at all.
    H.K. Latiyan
    Participant
    Ok, I went through the whole forum topic and I understand the confusion here. I will try to explain again : In WPLMS there are following entitites : 1. Course 2. Groups 3. Groups variation called "Batch" 4. Forums 5. Forum variation called "Group Forum" which is connected to a group. There are more variations but your use case covers these.   Following rules apply to the above entities. 1. Every course can be connected to a Group. 2. Every course can be connected to a forum. 3. Every group can be connected to a Forum. 4. Every forum can be made a Course forum. 5. Every group can be converted to WPLMS Batch.   --- Your use case : 1. You created a course 2. You also created a batch for the course. 3. You enabled the Forum for the Batch. 4. You connected the Batch forum with the Course forum setting. The fourth point is the root of all confusion. To disconnect Batch forum to course forum, edit the course and locate the course forum in course components area and disconnect it. You can also edit the forum in WP adin area and disconnect the course from WPLMS course setting. To change any group from batch to a regular group, edit the group by clicking on manage then lcoate the batch sub tab. Uncheck the batch checkbox and the group will no longer become the batch. You can also disconnect the batch with the course by editing the course and disconnecting the batch in Course components.   There are a lot of open ended entities which support multi to multi relation ships, so it is easy to get confused in them. My suggestion would be to stick to simple and easy to understand settings.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The topic ‘Different user menu after clicking 'forum'’ is closed to new replies.