Disable JWT authentication

Home Forums Legacy Support Support queries How-to & Troubleshooting Disable JWT authentication

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    amishbhavsar_136
    Participant
    Hi, Hose do I disable the VibeBP JWT authentication and use the standard Wordpress authentication?
    Scott Lang
    JWT authentication is a core part of the login system in vibebp can not be disabled. It generates a token for the user and that token is used in other API hits to get data regarding that user.
    amishbhavsar_136
    Participant
    OK, in that case is there a way to impersonate the user. This is critical for troubleshooting purpose. The standard user switching plugins don't work with JWT, so I am asking.
    Scott Lang
    yes to work the vibebp app then JWT is necessary to verify the current user with token generation and verification process. Let me know if we can close this thread. If you have any other issues please create a topic and let us know.
    amishbhavsar_136
    Participant
    Hi Scott, So is it possible to impersonate a user in JWT?
    Scott Lang
    This is not possible the token is created at the server-side and send to browser and decrypted at the server-side only. JWT is an advanced way to authenticate the user with token generation and decryption without storing any session at the server-side. You can check our docs https://docs.wplms.io/ Let me know if we can close this thread. If you have any other issues please create a topic and let us know.
    amishbhavsar_136
    Participant
    Yes, you can close this topic.
    Scott Lang
    Ok, we are closing this thread. If you have any other query let us know.
    Veronica
    thanks
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • The topic ‘Disable JWT authentication’ is closed to new replies.