Disable showing of unit attachements

Home Forums Legacy Support Support queries How-to & Troubleshooting Disable showing of unit attachements

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    info2grow
    Spectator
    Hi there, just noticed the unit attachments feature.  Unfortunately this is displaying a ton of sensitive documents like user info import spreadsheets to our users. I read this http://vibethemes.com/forums/forum/wordpress-html-css/wordpress-themes/wplms/tips-tricks-docs/13427-tip-editing-downloads-list-on-units but my unit is showing 69 attachments!  I don't remember attaching these to the unit and I'd rather not have to remove them manually. Can I disable this feature entirely?  
    info2grow
    Spectator
    I've commented out the code in plugins\vibe-course-module\includes\bp-course-functions.php  (approx line 1011, search "unitattachments") In my opinion this is a dangerous feature that could expose sensitive content to users. A suggestion might be to show available attachments on the backend unit admin and allow the admin to select which they want to display.
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
    Please try using the " Attach Unattach  " plugin for this . After installing this just goto your media library switch to list mode and unattach the media items from your posts .
    info2grow
    Spectator
    Not clear on what attaching/unattaching does.  If I accidentally unattach an image or a linked document does it affect images using the tag or linked documents using href?
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
    No it will not have any effect on the content of the unit it will just remove the attachment from your posts (units) . If you want to remove attachment from the units to download then please just unattach the media .
    Sindhu
    Spectator
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Diana
    Participant
    @Sindhu, To hide unit attachments from all the units : Please Go to wp_admin -> Plugins - editor -> select wplms customizer plugin Paste the below code in the editor add_filter('wplms_unit_attachments','hide_unit_attachments',10,1); function hide_unit_attachments($flag){ return 0; } Please create your own topic for your own issues and do not share your credentials/site URL on other's topic. It is not a good practise
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The topic ‘Disable showing of unit attachements’ is closed to new replies.