Displaying Group/Batch Name Under Student Name in User Dashboard

Home Forums Legacy Support Support queries Setup issues Displaying Group/Batch Name Under Student Name in User Dashboard

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    bk12
    Spectator
    Hi guys. It looks like there is a setting under "WPLMS" - "BuddyPress" - "Student Field" that allows you to change the default "location" field that is displayed under the students name in their dashboard. We would like to show the current group/batch that the student has joined. Is this possible to do with this field. If so, how do we get this field to display?   Thanks!
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
    Well as student can be added in multiple batches/groups so can you please first confirm in your site student will be added in just one group .If not then which group should be its current group ?
    bk12
    Spectator
    Hey Alex, Students would only be in one group at a time. Thanks in advance for your help!  
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
    Okay please provide me some time for this .Will be sharing code . Please ping back for a reminder .
    bk12
    Spectator
    Hey Alex - I hope the week has treated you well so far! I am just checking in to see if you had any updates on this ticket. Thanks!
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
    Please add the given code in your wplms-customizer.php file in wplms customizer plugin : https://gist.github.com/alexvibealex/a378012724eec5d53e1b33bc58e409ab
    bk12
    Spectator
    Thanks so much for the great support Alex! I added this code to the wplms customizer.php file as you mentioned, but I am not seeing the group listed below the student's name in their dashboard. Is there any css that I need to add as well?   Thanks again!
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
    Well can you please check the student's profile code is working fine for me . Please check : http://prntscr.com/ei8r3a
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
    share you site url and admin credentials to check this if it is not appearing in user's profile .
    bk12
    Spectator
    This reply has been marked as private.
    H.K. Latiyan
    Participant
    Thanks for sharing the credentials I checked your website and found out that the show members info setting in the wplms->buddypress was not set to yes therefore the code wasn't working. When this setting is set to yes then only the bp_before_member_header_meta hook is executed and hence the code is executed. Now I have set it to yes and now the code works fine, please check and confirm.
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • The topic ‘Displaying Group/Batch Name Under Student Name in User Dashboard’ is closed to new replies.