Don't show course forums on forum root question….

Home Forums Legacy Support Support queries Setup issues Don't show course forums on forum root question….

Tagged: 

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    hitsheets
    Spectator
    Is there a way to NOT show the course forums whenever I view the forum list at http://(your-url)/forums? Since I have a setting that makes course forums for course students only, it would be nice if the forums were not listed in the overall forum directory at the root level. Please help. Thanks!
    Go to wp-admin->lms settings->enable course forum privacy.
    hitsheets
    Spectator
    Yes that's already checked. After going through it further, it looks like course forum topics aren't showing for non-logged in users (which is great), but show for ALL logged in users (when going to the /forums page). Is it possible for only course forum members to view the course topics on the forum page? A use case for this: Logged-in user wants to view forum topics (maybe for support). User then sees a course forum on the page, click the forum and sees an error (since course privacy is already set). This would be troublesome for the user. Instead, logged-in user should only see the course forums on the main forum page ONLY if they are members of that forum. This already applies to the non-logged in user. I'll copy this to the features section if there isn't an immediate solution to this. Thanks.
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
    Well course forum privacy feature restricts access of all users/visitors(non logged in users) who are not subscribed to course . It does not matter of the student is logged in or not .If she does not taken that course and tried to access the forum connected to course she will be restricted and will see error . If you want this restriction for just non logged in users then simply set your forums to be private and disable "course forum privacy" feature from lms setttings .
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘Don't show course forums on forum root question….’ is closed to new replies.