Double Translation File

Home Forums Legacy Support Support queries Translation issues Double Translation File

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    hilmanf
    Spectator
    Hello Vibe, Some questions about translation. I had some difficulties when translating WPLMS Theme (not plugin) with loco translate. Some strings was not translated. I translated English United States because Indonesian not provided and only need user front-end to be translated, not my back-end. When some strings on WPLMS Theme was not translated, I checked in public_html/wp-content/languages/themes. It was blank. So I copied two files of WPLMS Theme I have translated: vibe-en_US.po and vibe-en_US.mo to that folder. I did it with FTP. Then I checked my back-end to Loco/Themes/WPLMS, there are 2 English United States translation. I scyned the lastest file (folder: system) and translation works! http://prntscr.com/hmb25s   But, I am experiencing page speed slow down after that Sync. I am not sure if it is because of double translation or not. So here is my questions: 1. I have 2 English translation files in Themes / WPLMS. Is there something I have to worried about this? Is it slowing down my website? Should I delete  the old file? (folder: author)   2. All of my plugin translation not stored in wp-content/languages/plugins folder. That folder only contains Woocommerce translation file (I have no idea how they could stored there). But my plugin translation is fine and sync correctly. So, should I copy my translation file (.po/.mo) to wp-content/languages/plugins folder?   I put credential below if you need some checks. Thank you!  
    hilmanf
    Spectator
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Diana
    Participant
    @hilmanf, 1. No, it is not slowing down your website. Actually, sync and slowing down website have no relation to each other. Both are independent of each other. 2. Make sure your translated file should be present in global file not in the local file.
    hilmanf
    Spectator
    Diana, Please kindly tell me what is global file and local file. Thank you.
    Diana
    Participant
    @hilmanf, Before you can start translating, you need to determine where to save your WordPress theme translations. You can choose between two options: You can either save the translations within the languages folder e.g. /themes/wplms/languages of your WordPress theme (please note that your translations might/will be lost after theme updates) or you can save them within the global theme languages directory of WordPress /wp-content/languages/themes, which prevents losing translations after theme updates.  
    hilmanf
    Spectator
    Perfect! Thanks Diana.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The topic ‘Double Translation File’ is closed to new replies.