Duplicating courses and sharing elements

Home Forums Legacy Support Support queries How-to & Troubleshooting Duplicating courses and sharing elements

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    SuperDave
    Spectator
    We have many clients and they are increasingly asking for their own instances of accredatied eLearning courses. This means that courses with 90 + units and 300+ questions need to be duplicated. This is a huge duplication and testing effort. We know that duplicating everything above will creaty a seperate instance of a course with not bugs or issues. To save time in terms of duplication effort can we create a new course but share units and questions between courses without bugs and issues ? My view is we can share units but not questions where we have had issues in the past. Please advise  as this is important to us. Also are you guys going to write a plugin that can do all this duplication for us. I would certainly pay for this !  
    H.K. Latiyan
    Participant
    We are already developing a feature in which you can export the course in a zip file. This will cover your requirements.  
    SuperDave
    Spectator
    Ok is this feature going to be a plugin or an added feature to one of the core WPLMS set of plugins ? What is the ETA for this feature being released ? I have  few more questions- (1) The course exported as a ZIP does not mean duplication or are you saying that this exported zip will be able to be imported in such a way that it creates a duplicate ? (2) At the moment we are stuck with the capabilites of the existing system and we have clients to please. If we want to duplicate a course do we have to duplicate everything course, sections,units, questions or to save time can we duplicate the course type and share units and questions. I think the answer is know. Please can you confirm of deny my view. As always thanks for your excellent support and your great product. Please keep building and extending.  
    H.K. Latiyan
    Participant
    This feature will be added in the core wplms plugin only. This is currently being worked upon for the mobile app as well, however, I can not be certain about the ETA. 1. Yes, all you'll need to do is create a new course and the rest of the things, units, quizzes will be inside the zip package. 2. Currently, in the latest 2.5 version, units and questions are reusable, so except quizzes, the course can be duplicated with same curriculum set.
    SuperDave
    Spectator
    So if a course has units and questions and quizzes they don't have to be duplicated they can be shared between courses without errors. I can select questions from 12 different course and share them as part of a new course without error ?
    H.K. Latiyan
    Participant
    Yes you can do this, but please make sure the quizzes should be different. The units can be reused and the questions can be reused but the same quiz cannot be reused. This means you have to create a new quiz but for questions you can use the questions from other quizzes also.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The topic ‘Duplicating courses and sharing elements’ is closed to new replies.