Edit Course => Save settings => As a draft ??

Home Forums General [ No Support Zone ] Issue log [Only for Mods] Edit Course => Save settings => As a draft ??

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    GDerrien
    Participant
    Hi, When:
    • an Instructor edit one of his existing courses (through front-end),
    • and he's on the "settings" tab
    • and he's trying to "save settings" on this tab
    Then the course status goes from "published" to "draft". So the course is not displayed in the courses list anymore. The only way for the instructor to resolve this problem front-end is to: - Make the course "offline" - Then come back to the course - Then click on "edit" again - Then make the course "online" Is it a known issue ? How to bypass this problem ? /!\ Important: this issue does not occure when the Instructor is creating a new course. It only happens when he's trying to edit and save an existing course. Thanks, Regards, Gaetan.
    MrVibe
    Keymaster
    This is because you have not given Publish access to your instructors. Go to WP Admin - WPLMS - Course Manager - Admin Approval for Course  Disable this setting.
    GDerrien
    Participant
    Yes I did; that's why when the instructor is creating a course, he has no problem to publish it. This problem only occures when he edit the course. It only happens at the "Settings" tab, while clicking on "save settings". The rest of the process is ok. It seems that the "save settings" button was planned for the "course creation" scenario only (it saves the course as a draft). But it was not planned for the "edit course" scenario, when the course is already published, and do not need to be save "as a draft"..      
    GDerrien
    Participant
    UP  :)
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
    Please make sure that instructor completes publishing the course while adding or editing the course .
    GDerrien
    Participant
    Yes, he complete the Edit down to the last tab "Modify Course (change course status)". But at this step, the big button already says "Take Offline". So the instructor can't put it "online": because it already is (both "online" and "draft" on the same time). So, as I've said in the first post, the only way for the instructor to put his course "truly" online, is to take it offline, then online again...   Please try on your own setup the following: - create a course with an instructor (publish it) - edit that course with the same instructor - at each tab (not only the settings), you click on the "save" button - When you'll have finnished, you'll the last button won't say you to "Go Live", but "Take Offline" instead - Your course won't appears into the Courses list anymore (Status: Draft in the back-end).    
    GDerrien
    Participant
    I've just reproduced the same issue on your Demo setup here: http://vibethemes.com/demo/wplms/ (except on this Demo the "Drafts" are listed as drafted on front-end of the instructor) So the problem is not from my setup, but it is in your original code.
    GDerrien
    Participant
    UP I just want a solution, and stop bothering you... I guess it may looks like something like that: if  ($status != published) { status('draft'); } Please help.
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
    Still not able to replicate can you share as screencast video of the related issue and also share the admin credentials and site url to check issue at your end  . Please do share the video of your issue . PS : mark reply as private while sharing info
    GDerrien
    Participant
    Alright here it is: (please watch the full video, because in the 2nd part  I reproduce this issue onto YOUR website) https://youtu.be/RR67BRsdWa0   As you can see, the only way for the instructor to make the course "online" again (from "draft"), is to Edit it a second time (but in my case he can't see the drafts front-end). Wich is un-natural.
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
    Yes we were able replicate it now finally .Thanks for the video . The problem appears in  while editing course the second time in the first step when the course is saved again in the first step  it changes the course status to draft . refer : http://prntscr.com/8r5u3t Normally user just skips to the part which she want to edit and saved that part only . This is an issue and will be fixed in the next update of wplms . Till then please try completing the first step of course creation  in one go and do not save the first step during editing it .
    sandy
    This issue is resolved in the new WPLMS Front End released in 1.9.9
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • The topic ‘Edit Course => Save settings => As a draft ??’ is closed to new replies.