Edit Quiz Marks

Tagged: ,

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    pacworks
    Spectator
    I have a few questions that I need help with. The first, I have all of my quizzes set to auto evaluation. However, there are instances when I need to manually assign marks to questions that were marked incorrect. For instance, the correct answer may have been "brain", but the student typed "the brain". It is marked wrong because of the added "the", but is essentially correct. I have found out how to change the grade in the back-end, but would like to be able to change the answer from incorrect to correct in the front-end and assign marks. Can this be done? If so, how? I do not see any options to do this when viewing the students quiz under Course Admin. I can see his quiz results, but do not see the option to edit or change manually. My second question is how to assign partial marking to a question with multiple answers such as match type questions. I noticed that the option to do this was added several updates ago and I have enabled the option under LMS > Settings, but I do not see any place to assign marks to each individual answer in the question options. Can you explain how to do this or point me to a tutorial? Thanks!
    H.K. Latiyan
    Participant
    Hi, You can get the evaluated quiz in quiz submissions and then update the marks, refer: http://prntscr.com/gl2pic ------------- The partial marking is available in only multiple type questions, small text, fillblank and select type questions. Its not available in match type questions. In which the partial marking works you need to make sure the partial marking switch is enabled in lms setting and the question marks is set as the multiple of the correct answers, for example if a question has 3 correct answers then you can set the question marks  as 3, 9, 12 etc. if you choose 9 then it means each correct answer has 3 marks,
    pacworks
    Spectator
    Thank you for the screenshot. I was able to successfully make the desired edits. For partial marking. Is this something that could possibly be extended to include matching in a future update? It may not be actually considered a "multiple type question". However, some of my match type questions have around 10 matching elements and the system counts the whole question wrong if just 2 matches are mismatched. I would just like to doc a few points for the 2 mismatched questions rather than the question as a whole. Thanks!
    H.K. Latiyan
    Participant
    Hi, Yes this is a good suggestion and we can add this in our updates. Please create a feature request for this in our feature request forum.
    pacworks
    Spectator
    Hello, I was wondering if partial marking for match type questions is still in que to be included in an update? I created a topic for this in the feature request forum here https://wplms.io/support/forums/topic/add-partial-marking-to-match-type-questions/, but there hasn't been a reply. I have been waiting for 4 months, but so far, I haven't seen this in any updates. Thanks!
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
    Hi, Partial marking in match the following questions are available in upcoming update i.e. WPLMS 3.4. This update is releasing soon(may be in this week).
    pacworks
    Spectator
    Great! Thank you for the update!
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
    Welcome!
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The topic ‘Edit Quiz Marks’ is closed to new replies.