Editor breaks code after saving it

Home Forums Legacy Support Support queries How-to & Troubleshooting Editor breaks code after saving it

Tagged: , , ,

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    TestclueDev
    Participant
    Hello, On https://testclue.com/ main page there are 4 gifs, I used this: <p style="margin: 0px; font-size: 12px; line-height: normal; font-family: Helvetica;"></p> code to make the work on hoover only. Alto this code after saving it in default editor, it gets broken in this code: <p style="margin: 0px; font-size: 12px; line-height: normal; font-family: Helvetica;"></p> , making the resources not visible on site.
    TestclueDev
    Participant
    It seems also you page breaks the code up, I will use gist: https://gist.github.com/highacid/1d157250f697493aaa6621c9064f54c7
    TestclueDev
    Participant
    <p style="box-sizing: border-box; margin: 0px 0px 22px; color: #4b4d4d; font-family: Lato; font-size: 14px;">Url: http://testclue.com/</p> <p style="box-sizing: border-box; margin: 0px 0px 22px; color: #4b4d4d; font-family: Lato; font-size: 14px;">user: support</p> <p style="box-sizing: border-box; margin: 0px 0px 22px; color: #4b4d4d; font-family: Lato; font-size: 14px;">pass: ngsKRQAKHzTI607RW@bq6%gj</p>
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
    Well i found it not be saving in the text mode also of the default wp-editor . At first when you put the code in the text mode and update the page it shows but as soon as you switch to Visual editor it trims the all the attributes . guess you need to do these mouseover stuff with the help of js files . You can add custom js in wp-content/plugins/wplms-customizer/js/custom.js file .
    TestclueDev
    Participant
    Hello, my developer created a custom js for this, yet it seems the class it never gets updated properly... Can you explain why is this not working with your theme? $(document).ready(function(){ $('img.hover-animate').unbind('mouseover').unbind('mouseout'); $('img.hover-animate').bind('mouseover', function(e){ e.preventDefault(); var mySrc = new String($(this).attr('src')); var newSrc = mySrc.replace('static','animated'); $(this).attr('src', newSrc); }); $('img.hover-animate').bind('mouseout', function(e){ e.preventDefault(); var mySrc = new String($(this).attr('src')); var newSrc = mySrc.replace('animated','static'); $(this).attr('src', newSrc); }); });
    H.K. Latiyan
    Participant
    Please change the first line: $(document).ready(function(){ To: jQuery(document).ready(function($){
    TestclueDev
    Participant
    made the changes, still not working.
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
    Okay can you please confirm if this is working on a simple html page ? Please also confirm if the js was added in the custom.js file i mention in wplms customizer plugin ? Can you please share the html that you have used with the above js ?
    TestclueDev
    Participant
    I will test it in some other place, and let you know.
    H.K. Latiyan
    Participant
    Ok thanks for the update.
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • The topic ‘Editor breaks code after saving it’ is closed to new replies.