Elementor Page builder on course pages bug

Home Forums Legacy Support Support queries Other issues Elementor Page builder on course pages bug

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    ICHARS
    Spectator
    Elementor Page builder when used to create the course page does not use the right excerpt on the my courses tab. Also icons used on the elementor plugin are not visible on the frontend. Here is a video demonstrating the bugs http://somup.com/cqQ3Q7e5xQ
    Mk
    Ok. let me check on my local first, Also I want to ask is it failing for icons only or another css too?
    ICHARS
    Spectator
    I have only noticed issues with icons and not with any other css
    Mk
    Thanks for details. It can be due to CSS loading priority or conflict by 3rd party plugins. I will check it and reply to you with a possible solution. please provide some time. thank you.
    ICHARS
    Spectator
    Any updates on this?
    logan
    This reply has been marked as private.
    ICHARS
    Spectator
    I will try this and get back. Thank you
    Mk
    Sure, take your time and reply to me after checking. thank you.
    ICHARS
    Spectator
    For icons not working: Icons not working seems to be a case with both elementor and wp bakery. Also it is not that all icons don't work. Some do and some don't. Kindly suggest For icons not working Update: Was able to resolve this issue by installing the font awesome wordpress plugin: https://wordpress.org/plugins/font-awesome/   For Elementor not opening: I have had this issue at times earlier. This seems to happen when I have created content for that page earlier via the default wp editor or with another editor like wp bakery and am now trying to recreate the page with elementor. What I do that seems to work is that:
    1. I just try opening the page in default editor

2. Cut all the content from the editor and paste it in notepad for future reference.

3. Now that the editor is empty, click edit with elementor. Elementor may load after this

4. If the elementor still doesn't load, click the update button to save the empty page in wordpress.

5. Refresh the page and click the elementor button. ELelmentor loads now.

For excerpt thing: When I add the above mentioned code to the customizer.php , all excerpts stop showing. Here is a video that shows the effect of the code: http://somup.com/cq6fe8e736  

logan
    Hello,

For Elementor not opening:

no one has ever reported this before. please deactivate all 3rd party then check if it works. else contact the elementor support. they will provide solution for this. this is their conflict.

For icons not working Update:

Yes, they have not included the font awesome dependent libraries. this is also related to the elementor. thier actions are running at the priority one. some of actions do not load in the post_type = course. we are using font awesome 4.7 script codes thats why some of the font awesome is working. ***when you installed the font awesome plugin then these missing dependencies become available and icons started being rendered from font awesome definitions.

For excerpt thing:

The code is working fine. first of all course description is not meant to be designed with the page builder. if you add custom blockes then it will also show on all course directory. obviously these many details could be fit in a short width container. all these contents are coming as except. in the above codes, these blocks would be eliminated from the except. if you put 2 or 3 lines with a simple description editor then that will appear here. we cant fix every detail to have appeared in this container. for example: can you pour 10-liter water in 1-liter can ??? no. that's what happening here. other elements will overflow here and there like water.

ICHARS
    Spectator
    Elementor not opening was not an issue for me as I was already able to find a work around. I shared the steps because in one of the previos posts, you specifically asked "how can I make this work" Font Awesome icons not working is a problem not just with elementor but also WpBakery. My current live site is on wpbakery and icons missing also on that. Also it seems you were aware of the cause of this issue and a probable solution for the same. It would have been great if you could have provided the response (mentioned in the previous post by you) earlier as that would have saved me at-least a few hours to search and get that sorted. I am sharing the solution here as it may help others who are facing similar issue. For excerpts not working: I am not sure if I understand you correctly. I am guessing the excerpt meta box on the course page is supposed to be used for excerpts that will be displayed on course directory. The full course description is supposed to be only on the course page. If I have created the course page with elementor plugin but have added a short excerpt in the meta box, then shouldn't the excerpt be taken from this box instead on the full course description created by elementor? If  the excerpt is taken from the excerpt meta box (which should be the case, otherwise what is the point of having that option) then I am not sure whether you watched the video link posted in the first post describing the original issue. It clearly shows that I have added an excerpt separately in the excerpt meta box on the elementor plugin. That excerpt is visible in the excerpt meta box on the backend course edit page as well. Also before suggesting that the code is working fine, did you check the current video I posted?: http://somup.com/cq6fe8e736 Only one course on my test site has been created using elementor plugin. Other Course Pages are based on the default front end editor. After I use your code, all excerpts are missing, both from course page created by elementor and also other course pages created by the front end editor. Kindly check again and then let me know.
    ICHARS
    Spectator
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
    Hi to resolve the elementor content coming up in the course directory please use the code provided in this  reply : https://wplms.io/support/forums/topic/elementor-page-builder-on-course-pages-bug/#post-228017     Elementor css and animations not working in course : We will have to check this .I guess we have added a fix for this in recent update but still we need to test it for sure .   Font awesome icons of elementor overwriting the theme icons : Well yes we also need to upgrade to font awesome 5 or disable our font styling if elementor is in place and enqueing its font styling on a page . This is also an issue we need to fix .
    ICHARS
    Spectator
    Hi Alex, Thank you for the response. For excerpt thing: When I add the above mentioned code to the customizer.php , all excerpts stop showing. This includes excerpt added on the course page created by elementor and also other course pages that were created by the default wplms front end editor. Here is a video that shows the effect of the code: http://somup.com/cq6fe8e736 You will notice that before the code is added, on one course created by elementor complete course description is showing while on other courses the relevant excerpt is showing. But after the code is added excerpt on all courses stop showing.
    Mk
    Try this code: Add this code in the customizer and remove the above-given code. https://gist.github.com/99manish/f34193fa70db02f6f7b61f19468fbadf
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • The topic ‘Elementor Page builder on course pages bug’ is closed to new replies.