Errors during update

Home Forums Legacy Support Support queries Update Issues Errors during update

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    learner4life
    Participant
    Hi, I received the following errors in logs during update. Are they of any significance? <p class="p1"><span class="s1"><span style="line-height: 1.5;">PHP warning: </span>require_once(/wp-content/plugins/vibe-customtypes/autoupdate/class-plugin-update.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /wp-content/plugins/vibe-customtypes/vibe-customtypes.php on line 98</span></p>   <p class="p1"><span class="s1">PHP Fatal error:  require_once(): Failed opening required '/wp-content/plugins/vibe-customtypes/autoupdate/class-plugin-update.php' (include_path='.:/usr/share/pear:/usr/share/php') in /wp-content/plugins/vibe-customtypes/vibe-customtypes.php on line 98</span></p>
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
    There were no such error when we checked the update .Seems like your vibe-customtypes plugin is not updated successfully . You need to re-install the vibe customtypes plugin . Download the latest wplms theme package from themeforest . In wplms package -> wplms.zip -> wplms folder -> plugins folder you will find the vibe customtypes plugin . Please upload this vibe-custmtypes.zip file in your wp-content/plugins folder . Remove the existing vibe-customtypes folder in your wp-content/plugins folder and then unzip the vibe-customtypes.zip file .
    learner4life
    Participant
    Okay, I did as you suggested. Didn't see any errors in the log but there are still issues. For eg: 1) some of the students are not able to click and expand the curriculum or 2) on clicking the Continue Course button, a student cannot click on the units inside. I found the following errors on inspecting the page. Please see screenshot attached. Would appreciate a quick soution.
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
    You need to attempt the plugin update again . This seems to be appearing because your js files are old .Please update your vibe customtypes plugin . Theme package has vibe customtypes version 2.1 .
    learner4life
    Participant
    I already did that and also updated to the plug in that came out last night. Still<span style="color: #4b4d4d; font-family: Lato; font-size: 14px; line-height: 22px;">1) some of the students are not able to click and expand the curriculum or 2) on clicking the Continue Course button, a student cannot click on the units inside. and now some people are also facing problem on login. </span> The vibe login popup doesn't show for some users especially for those on mobile devices.
    learner4life
    Participant
    And by the way I didn't change anything in my stack including caching plug-ins or settings. Everything was as is before the update. I did clear the cache multiple times (wp-rocket) but still the problem persists.
    learner4life
    Participant
    Even after removing the caching plugin altogether I can see "<script type="text/javascript" src="/wp-content/themes/wplms/assets/js/old_files/buddypress.js?ver=2.1.1"></script> in the page couple of times. Where is that coming from?
    learner4life
    Participant
    Sorry for the confusion with couple of overlapping postings but I think this could have been because of what you had in config.php https://wplms.io/support/forums/topic/definewplms_version2-1-1-in-wplmsincludesconfing-php/#post-67019 define('WPLMS_VERSION','2.1.1');
    sandy
    Yes, that is correct. The changing of the version 2.1.1 was missed in the 2.2 update hence it seems to be adding to this confusion.
    sandy
    When you say "some of the students" it means that the issue is not with the code but most probably with the cache. Now large files are also cached in the browser which need to be cleared. Since the caching uses the URL's the scripts on your student computers might still be cached as we forgot to update the version for the scripts which would automatically clear this cache. We're releasing an update tomorrow which has this fix well.
    sandy
    as a quick fix, you can cahnge the 2.1.1 in the config.php to 2.2 and it will clear the cached scripts from your student's computers and the issue would be resolved.
    learner4life
    Participant
    I said "some of the students" because not everybody calls and complaints. But I have tested it and was able to replicate and face this issue every single time. So it's not just cache.   Please fix it today.
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
    I was not able to replicate the issue : http://screencast-o-matic.com/watch/cDjt1yjc6k If issue was in the code then all users would have been able to replicate it .Issue seems to be related to the caching .
    learner4life
    Participant
    The problem occurs when somebody uses mobile devices or on windows 10 with touch screen. You also need to be logged in to see the errors in My Courses page or after starting some course. try changing the device from the debug console
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
    Please update your wplms theme and all its plugin to 2.2.2 . We have fixed the issues in course directory in mobile in this update alongwith many other issues. Let us know if your still facing the issues .
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • The topic ‘Errors during update’ is closed to new replies.