Eventon – Event Lists Extended Addon

Home Forums Legacy Support Support queries Setup issues Eventon – Event Lists Extended Addon

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    a4da
    Spectator
    I recently purchased the Eventon Addon for Lists so that the Events tab in each course will  only show the event dates for that specific course in a list versus the eventon main calendar that comes with the theme and shows the MONTH Calendar. But I cant figure out how to change the themes Default Eventon Calendar that is listed in each Course? Can you please let me know where I go to change the way the calendar is displayed in the courses and how to set up the short code to only show that specific courses event dates in a list view not a Calendar by month. The eventon support said to ask the WPLMS themes current since it is part of the WPLMS Package. Thank you Academy4da.com Using a child theme Eventon version 2.3.15 Eventon Event lists .07 WPLMS Eventon 2.2 WPLMS Events - Deactivated  
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
    Well here is the code which will replace the existing shortcode . Add the given code in your wplms-customizer.php file in wplms customizer plugin : add_filter('wplms_eventons_course_events_shortcode','change_cal_to_List'); function change_cal_to_List($shortcode){   $shortcode='[add_eventon wplms_course="1"]';   return $shortcode; } You can change the shortcode in above code with your one : <strong style="line-height: 1.5;">[add_eventon wplms_course="1"] NOTE :  If you change the default shortcode then the existing wplms_course filter to show the events from current opened course will not work .This is limitation in the eventon as it does not have any hook to filter the events in its shortcodes .
    a4da
    Spectator
    Hi Alex, Im sorry but I am not a developer so I dont understand what you mean in your "NOTE" do you have a screen shot of what I would be losing if i change the eventon shortcode. <span style="color: #4b4d4d; font-family: Lato; font-size: 14px;">NOTE :  If you change the default shortcode then the existing wplms_course filter to show the events from current opened course will not work .This is limitation in the eventon as it does not have any hook to filter the events in its shortcodes .  I dont understand what this is do you have a picture or screen shot?</span> Thank you
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
    I was trying to say that we have filter to modify the shortcode on the events tab . But that does not works as of now as eventon does not have any filter as of now to filter the events  . So unfortunately right now customizing the shortcode to show the events in lists on events tab is possible with the code given in previous reply but the events will not filter according to the current course .
    a4da
    Spectator
    I added this code to the Customizer.php and it did override the WPLMS course filter but now it will only show "1" course in all events even thought I have 5 different courses 7 different dates. I understand it will not filter according to specific course but any ideas why it is only showing 1 course date out of the 7 i have in events? add_filter('wplms_eventons_course_events_shortcode','change_cal_to_List')function change_cal_to_List($shortcode){ [add_eventon wplms_course="1"]' Only tried in staging
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
    Try removing the wplms_course parameter in the shortcode .
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The topic ‘Eventon – Event Lists Extended Addon’ is closed to new replies.