Facebook Signup on Register page opens two popup windows

Home Forums Legacy Support Support queries Other issues Facebook Signup on Register page opens two popup windows

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Ravi Kiran Katha
    Participant
    I am facing the following issue. I am using the default theme style. I have BP Social Connect configured
    1. Go to the register page
    2. Click on the Facebook button
    Initially, a single popup window opens and I get a warning in the address bar that popups are blocked for this website. I allow all popups for this website in the address bar and then onwards, two popups are open upon clicking the Facebook button Note: Closing one popup and using the other to signup works fine.
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
    Well you have to allow the popup .Seems like more of a browser issue rather than the plugin or code .
    Ravi Kiran Katha
    Participant
    Well, I could investigate the issue further and found out that the facebook button is hooked for click event multiple times by the loaded scripts, which is the cause for the multiple popups. I fixed the issue via javascript by detaching all hooks except one and it started working fine now.  
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The topic ‘Facebook Signup on Register page opens two popup windows’ is closed to new replies.