Fair Pay instructor for on subscriptions

Home Forums Legacy Support Support queries How-to & Troubleshooting Fair Pay instructor for on subscriptions

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    rckmnx
    Spectator
    Hello guys, I have been wondering how should I proceed on this particular matter. How do I commission my teachers on a fair manner? I mean, doing per course could be bad for a teacher that had a lot of work to make his course, comparing to other teachers that made many small simple, yet good courses. If I distribute an equal percentage to all teachers, wouldn't be fair to the teachers that contribute more. And If I want to be really fair, it is a business, so if somebody subscribes to do specific classes from a teacher, this teacher should be rewarded for this.   So what would be the best way to pay fairly all contributors, based on actual site revenue other than a simple equation. I know I can sell separately all courses, but I really wanted to offer full access memberships. Any bright ideas for this logic puzzle? Thank you! If I think of something, I will post here.
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
    Okay first of all please note that the commissions on wplms are awarded on the purchase of a particular course by the students and these commissions are awarded to the author(instructor) of that course . The commissions is awarded on the basis of the percentage that you have provided. So when the student gets subscribed to course only then commission are awarded . In wplms you can set commissions for individual courses from LMS -> settings -> commissions ->  set commissions  . This would help you to setup different commissions for the instructors  .
    rckmnx
    Spectator
    Yes, this works pretty well on a "Pay Per Course" site, I have tested it as well, works like a charm. I just couldn't find an option for paying subscribers month-to-month, if there is one. What would you suggest?  
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
    Pay by month option is not available as of now in wplms .However you can pay commissions to instructor at any time from LMS -> settings -> commissions -> pay commissions . Commissions are added to the instructors as the students purchases the courses by her .
    rckmnx
    Spectator
    I this case I bet this solution might do the trick: http://www.thecrowned.org/post-pay-counter-pro   If you ever implement something like this, I am sure yours would be a better solution. Thanks anyways
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
    Can you please create a feature request here : https://wplms.io/support/forums/forum/general/feature-request/
    aballea
    Participant
    Hi, I m in this exact same case. I m seeing this post is one year old so maybe there is a solution now ? Even with an extra plugin ? Many thanks    
    H.K. Latiyan
    Participant
    Sorry still there is no solution for this in wplms.
    aballea
    Participant
    Thank you for your quick answer, maybe would you know any developer who known well WPLMS,  I could contact to develop that for me ? Otherwise even if there is no add on, would you know a manner to proceed to facilitate the instructor payment process ? Exporting data about number of new courses followed during the months , etc..  ? Many thanks Paul
    H.K. Latiyan
    Participant
    Can you please let me know the full process how you want to pay the instructors and on what basis you want to pay.
    aballea
    Participant
    Hi ! My plateform (http://pp2-campus.trans-faire.fr/) is working only with membership plan, classic plan per months, classic per years, premium per months and premium per years. We would like to pay instructors about 25% of the global revenue based on the number of student subscription for the instructor's course. We would like to pay the instructor each months. Many thanks for your help.
    H.K. Latiyan
    Participant
    You can easily manage it manually. It is not depended on WPLMS. You can calculate the revenue and then use the WP Admin - LMS - Commissions - Payouts to pay the instructors.
    jocenunes
    Spectator
    I need this too, the logic for me is Total premium: 29 Total paid: 10000 Course 1 number of enrolled: 10 Course 2 number of enrolled: 20 Course 3 number of enrolled: 30 Sum total of enroled all class: 50 So the formula is. Course1 (10/50 )* 100 = 20% * 10000 = 2000 Course2 (20/50) * 100 = 40% * 10000 = 4000 Course3 (30/50) * 100 = 60% * 10000 = 6000 Anyone have a developer to do this for me? Thank you
    H.K. Latiyan
    Participant
    Hi.. Please create your own topic for your issues. --------------------- This is not as simple as you think, because in case of memberships there are much more variables that comes into play such as : 1) A membership can have multiple courses. 2) A course can have multiple memberships. 3) A user can purchase a membership with multiple courses and can enrol in any of its courses at any time. 4) A course can have multiple instructors. ------------------ Consider this scenario: There is a very big time factor and if you decide to pay in the period Jan-March, it will calculate wrong commission because of the period Oct-March. As the time passes, the student can take other courses in the same membership, and hence no new sale will take place but the number of students will increase, and in some it will decrease. Therefore there is no one stable case which can be used for the payouts. --------------------- As mentioned before its not possible.
Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • The topic ‘Fair Pay instructor for on subscriptions’ is closed to new replies.