Features Image

Home Forums Legacy Support Support queries Styling issues Features Image

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    denizci2006
    Participant
    Dear Sir / Madam, How can I resize the features images, and increase the word number in excerpt? Thankj you in advance.
    denizci2006
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Diana
    Participant
    For featured images, please use this custom css and change the width and height px for the image according to your requirement Add this css in appearance > customize > custom css .category-articles .blogpost_style3 .featured img{ width:200px !important; height:200px !important; } To increase the number of words in the excerpt is only possible only for this page is by overwriting the code using Blank Child Theme.
    denizci2006
    Participant
    Ada
    Participant
    denizci2006
    Participant
    Hello, Thank you for your reply, Ada. The code worked. May I learn how I can increase the word number in the excerpt for categoy pages. I have already used Blank Child. Thank you in advance.
    Diana
    Participant
    This code should work for you

add_filter( 'excerpt_length', function($length) {
        return 40;
    } );

But as per my knowledge it will increase the excerpt length of all places. Let me know if you want to increase the excerpt length on a particular course category page or for all course category pages The above code you should add either in Child Theme's function.php or in wp-admin > Plugins > Editor > Select WPLMS Customizer Plugin > wplms-customizer.php
    denizci2006
    Participant
    Hello, Thank you for your reply Diana. I don't need it at the specific category. The code should affect at all category pages. That's why, your idea is ok for me. I added the code you gave me to "WPLMS Customizer Plugin", and then Child Theme’s "function.php". However, both method didn't work for me. Do you have any other idea? Best regards
    Diana
    Participant
    Please ping me tomorrow till then I will find a way to solve this issue Thank you
    denizci2006
    Participant
    Hello, I would like to ping you :) Best regards
    Diana
    Participant
    denizci2006
    Participant
    Hi Diana, Thank you for your interest. The problem is solved. Kindly explain how I solved by going through the page you suggested. I added the code below in the functions.php in Blank Child Theme. Best regards // Filter except length to 35 words. // tn custom excerpt length function tn_custom_excerpt_length( $length ) { return 35; } add_filter( 'excerpt_length', 'tn_custom_excerpt_length', 999 );
    Diana
    Participant
    You mentioned that problem is solved. Now, what you want to ask?
    denizci2006
    Participant
    No, just I would like share solution way with you and your other customers.
    Ada
    Participant
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • The topic ‘Features Image’ is closed to new replies.