Feature request for practice quizzes, proctor accounts, and matching

Home Forums General [ No Support Zone ] Feature Request Feature request for practice quizzes, proctor accounts, and matching

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    pacworks
    Spectator
    Hello, We are a curriculum publishing company using WPLMS to convert our print courses to an online version as an option for our customers. We launched our first course a few months ago and have received some feedback from our customers regarding some much needed features. We have lost a few customers due to not being able to provide these features and I feel we will lose a lot more because these features are pretty important for the homeschool market.
    1. Practice Quizzes - The fact that there is no option to save answers in practice quizzes is killing me and is VERY frustrating to my customers. Each time students have to refer back to text, which is the previous unit before the practice quiz, the answers are erased when returning to the practice quiz. Answers are also erased when logging out, so if a student needs to refer to a practice quiz to study for the actual quiz, they have to answer all of the questions again instead of being able to glance at answers they have previously inputted. I do not need practice quizzes to count towards the course grade, so I cannot make the practice quiz a real quiz. Even if I had the option to create a quiz that did not count towards the overall grade, it would be extremely frustrating and time consuming to have to convert all of my practice quizzes to real quizzes, so creating a way for students to save progress within the practice quiz would be ideal. This is my number one customer complaint so far and I am in real need for a fix for this as soon as possible. I'm begging on this one!
    2. Teacher/Proctor/Parent Accounts - This is a highly important feature. We market to homeschoolers, private schools, and public schools. Parents/Teachers/Proctors need to have the ability to manage the students they are responsible for. They need to be able to access students quizzes to manually grade or edit marks if needed. Public and private schools will not consider our product without this feature. Parents will, but they find it frustrating to have to contact us if marks need to be edited should the automatic evaluation not give credit for an answer that the student should have received credit for.
    3. Partial marking for match type questions - I had opened a thread a year or so ago asking for a partial marking feature for question types that had multiple answers. This feature was implemented for all question types with multiple answers except for match type questions. I opened a thread asking if partial marking could be extended to match type questions and was told that it should be easy to do so and would appear in the next update. However, I have not seen this appear in an update yet.
    4. Match type questions do not work in mobile - Match type questions do not drag in mobile. I opened a thread on this over a year ago and was told this would be fixed in a future update, but this is still an issue for me. Not sure if it was ever fixed. Also, if a match question extends beyond the height of the screen, a user has to drag the answer and scroll with the mouse wheel to get back to the question. It would be nice if the screen automatically scrolled when the answer was dragged towards the top or bottom of the screen.
    So far I have found WPLMS to be great. I can see how it would work very well for a wide variety of online courses. However, I am having trouble making this work in a primary or secondary school setting without the above mentioned features, most importantly points 1-2. I know other users could benefit from similar features and these features could open the doors for WPLMS to be more applicable in other settings.
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • The topic ‘Feature request for practice quizzes, proctor accounts, and matching’ is closed to new replies.