Finish Course Button Doesn't Work, Doesn't Redirect to Home Page

Home Forums Legacy Support Support queries Other issues Finish Course Button Doesn't Work, Doesn't Redirect to Home Page

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
  • Author
    bam3473
    Spectator
    Im having trouble with the finish course button on my TinCan/import .zip file courses.  When the student presses finish course, it takes them to a blank page with no course information.  In that information is the button to start the quiz, which is critical to us.  What can we do?
    Mark Morgan
    Spectator
    Hello, Please share your admin credential in a private reply to replicate this issue and also share that specific course url with which you are facing this issue.
    bam3473
    Spectator
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
    Well yes upload type courses have issue with the finish course action . Actually this is not handled in upload course type courses coz we really can't check the if the user has finished the embedded content or not. this will be added when we have full compatibility with xapi and scrom . Actually upload type course were added to support fullscreen experience for the users . But I am little confused why that  "start quiz " page is adding to the course home page in your site . need admin credentials to check this .  
    bam3473
    Spectator
    bam3473
    Spectator
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
    Okay I get your requirements . This is not available as of now with upload type courses . but we need to restrict users to finish course untill they finish the course quiz . What we can do is to show the link of the quiz there when user finishes the course and ask them to complete it . Once user finishes the quiz ,then he come to upload type course and can finish it this time ,it will be finished for him as he completed the quiz this time . But this is not available as of now .We can do it with the help of custom code which will be provided by us under paid assistance . Let me know if you are interested in it .
    bam3473
    Spectator
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
    bam3473
    Spectator
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
    1. Yes you are right .But we cannot detect how much marks user got .I can make the user marks to be 100 out 100 and also make it award the user certificate and badges of course . adding to issue log : 2. that would be $29 .Time : it will be finished by Thursday next week.
    bam3473
    Spectator
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
    Well quiz is part of course just like units . Consider the course as book ,unit as its chapters and quizzes as exercises after the chapter . What we can do is after user finishes the quiz we will assign the marks that he gets in the quiz as course marks and finish the course for the user and finish the course for the user right there . There is no need for the user to redirect to course again .
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
    and yes here is the link of trello for the 1st issue : https://trello.com/c/oMlnDMea
    bam3473
    Spectator
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
  • The topic ‘Finish Course Button Doesn't Work, Doesn't Redirect to Home Page’ is closed to new replies.