Firstname and Surname on certificate

Home Forums Legacy Support Support queries How-to & Troubleshooting Firstname and Surname on certificate

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    dantwah
    Spectator
    Hi! I want to show the first and last name of a user on its certificate (instead of the displayname that the default shortcode does). I saw several post on wplms but they are no longer up to date or to do not provide the correct answer. You refer to this tip: https://wplms.io/support/knowledge-base/shortcode-to-capture-a-custom-profile-field-in-student-profile/ but the video there is gone. How can I create a shortcode to do it? Love to hear from you. Kind regards
    H.K. Latiyan
    Participant
    Hi, The shortcode for this is "certificate_student_field" You have to provide the field id to make it work, for example the firstname field id is 3 then the shortcode will be: [certificate_student_field field=3]
    dantwah
    Spectator
    Hi, thanks for the response. So I have tried this but with no luck. I looked up the ID of the fields in the backend, First name = first_name and Last name = last_name. Note that these are buddypress fields though. Tried the following shortcode (with and without quotes): [certificate_student_field field=first_name][certificate_student_field field=last_name] Does not work. I also tried a custom php function: add_shortcode( 'get_user_fullname', 'get_user_fullname' );   function get_user_fullname(){   global $current_user;   get_currentuserinfo();   return $current_user->first_name . ' ' . $current_user->last_name;   } However this code always returns my own name, not the one that it should be.. hope you can help
    H.K. Latiyan
    Participant
    Hi, This is not the id, the id is numeric, refer: http://prntscr.com/hmfb6q
    dantwah
    Spectator
    Hi, Thanks, though I do not need these fields, I need the buddypress fields. the name field in the student account often fetches the username instead of real name. refer: https://prntscr.com/hmfeud
    H.K. Latiyan
    Participant
    Hi, The fields that I showed in my screenshot are the buddypress fields only. You are sharing the wordpress user field screenshot. For this, there is no shortcode available in wplms. Since this is a wordpress field so you might find some third party plugin for a shortcode to fetch these fields.  
    RMA
    Spectator
    Here is a plugin that did the trick for me. <span style="caret-color: #000000; color: #000000; font-family: -apple-system, BlinkMacSystemFont, 'Segoe UI', Roboto, Oxygen-Sans, Ubuntu, Cantarell, 'Helvetica Neue', sans-serif; font-size: 14px; font-weight: 600; white-space: nowrap; background-color: #f7fcfe;">Shortcodes Ultimate</span>  
    RMA
    Spectator
    Shortcodes Ultimate
    Diana
    Participant
    @RMA, Thanks for updating us and our users too.
    milla202012
    Participant
    Dear RMA, could you please give a bit more info on how did you insert a surname in certificate? Did you use a free or payed version of Shortcodes Ultimate? Did you use a shortcode creator? What code did you insert finally? Thank you.
    Diana
    Participant
    @milla202012, @RMA Please help @milla202012 Paste this code in wp-admin > Plugins > Editor > Select WPLMS Customizer Plugin > and paste this code in wplms-customizer.php add_shortcode( 'get_user_fullname', 'get_user_fullname' ); function get_user_fullname(){ global $current_user; get_currentuserinfo(); return $current_user->first_name . ' ' . $current_user->last_name; } Shortcode will be :  [get_user_fullname]
    milla202012
    Participant
    Well, here is a small problem. When I'm logged in like an admin and assign manually certificate to any student from Frontend Admin of Course I get the name of the current user - admin name, not the name of the user. Thank you!
    Diana
    Participant
    @milla202012, This topic is someone else topic. Please post your issue here: https://wplms.io/support/forums/topic/how-to-insert-the-last-name-in-certificate/#post-157285
Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • The topic ‘Firstname and Surname on certificate’ is closed to new replies.