followup on Bulk Add Students to Batch via CSV

Home Forums WPLMS AddOns WPLMS Batches followup on Bulk Add Students to Batch via CSV

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    anarelvas
    Spectator
    Hi! I have been strugling with the need to bulk add users to a course until I found the following forum article which solves my problem: https://wplms.io/support/knowledge-base/bulk-add-students-to-batch-via-csv/ Nevertheless, I have several questions regarding the csv format (by the way the link on Add Bulk Members to the sample csv is not working).   1. Which fields headers should I add in the csv to include the registration fields such as username (it assumes an edit version of the email), name, and password, and others? 2. If I can’t define the password in the csv, how can the user do it? After receiving the email to activate the account, as a student, I can’t find where to change the password. Or is there a setting that should be set so the password can be changed? 3. How do I change the email address from which the activation email is sent? It is currently wordpress@.... It goes to spam. Thanks! Ana
    H.K. Latiyan
    Participant
    Hi.... 1) There is no such field in it, the email is set as user's username and the user's password. there are only 3 fields which is shown in the screenshot in that tutorial. 2) If the user is not a registered user on the website then automatically the email of the user becomes the username and password for the user. User can go to their profile->settings, and then they can change their password. 3) Please go to lms->settings->emails, and set the from field accordingly.
    anarelvas
    Spectator
    Hi! Thanks! Got Point 1 and 2! Regarding the email address (point 3): I already have an existent email in that field and the problem is that the email is still sent from [email protected] Is there any setting I am missing? Thanks! Ana  
    H.K. Latiyan
    Participant
    Hi... There is a wordpress hook and if that field is not empty we send that value in the hook when the email is sent. Can you please try deactivating the third party plugins and let me know if this helps.
    anarelvas
    Spectator
    Hi! I don't think I have any pluggin that is conflicting since I only have the pluggins required to the WPLMS. I though it was woocommerce pluggin, I tried to deactivate and the website went down so I don't want to do that. I looked in the forum and found this: https://vibethemes.com/documentation/wplms/forums/topic/activation-emails-are-from-wordpress/ I added the code but the problem remained. This ticket is one year old. Any new updates on this? I am not sure I added in the right place (custom CSS in the theme personalization). Is it here? Any suggestion? Thanks! Ana  
    H.K. Latiyan
    Participant
    Hi... The issue was fixed and the code provided in the topic is a php code which should never be added in custom css. The php code should be added in the wplms-customizer.php file present in wplms customizer plugin.
    anarelvas
    Spectator
    Thanks! Adding  the code was the only way I got to force the emails to be sent from the email I defined instead of a wordpress email...
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The topic ‘followup on Bulk Add Students to Batch via CSV’ is closed to new replies.