Formatting broken since update

Home Forums Legacy Support Support queries Other issues Formatting broken since update

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    ndougan985
    Participant
    Since updating (02-Jan) the following no longer works on the site - Course pagnation, using <!--nextpage--> in a course module shows course pages at the bottom, but all page content is on the initial page, there is no separation of content - Accordions, iframes, embedded tables and other shortcodes are no longer working - formatting is all over the place for previously working modules/units I have also used another domain that is usually a forwarding domain to my main site to set up a fresh stand alone install of WPLMS to attempt to troubleshoot, but am having the same issues on both sites Any assistance would be extremely welcome. I'm happy to provide login credentials via a private response
    Veronica
    hi I would like to request you please share a video so we will be able to understand what issue you are facing exactly
    ndougan985
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Veronica
    hi for this – Pagination not working correctly this will not work in version 4 if units are created in the old wp editor then we do not recommend to edit it in any editor other than the old editor itself.
    ndougan985
    Participant
    so pagnation will not work at all going forward or is there an up to date / alternative way of using this layout? This would be extremely dissapointing if it will not longer be supported at all, as it is used throughout all of the modules, and is a vital feature of content rich courses. What about the accordion / tabs and other functionality shown in the video?
    ndougan985
    Participant
    I appreciate everyone's busy, but when answering, could you please answer all topics; it's frustrating to troubleshoot one thing at a time after over 24 hours of awaiting a response each time; I understand there's a high volume of help needed, but addressing everything at once in the response will give me some areas to get fixing in the meantime. I'll try and do the same on my end now: 1. Tabs/Accordions no longer functioning properly 2. TablePress shortcode tables do not appear in learner views (just found out) 3. Learner view when clicking profiles shows "commissions" and not current courses, it appears that learners/students are seeing the instructors dashboard rather than a student one. 4. When clicking "take course" the following error now shows, which goes away when refreshed Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Call to undefined method stdClass::exists() in /homepages/.../wp-includes/capabilities.php:784 Stack trace: #0 /homepages/.../plugins/woocommerce/includes/wc-user-functions.php(857): user_can(Object(stdClass), 'manage_woocomme...') #1 /homepages/.../wp-includes/class-wp-hook.php(287): wc_maybe_store_user_agent(NULL, Object(stdClass)) #2 /homepages/.../wp-includes/class-wp-hook.php(311): WP_Hook->apply_filters('', Array) #3 /homepages/.../FitnessIndustryTraining/wp-includes/plugin.php(484): WP_Hook->do_action(Array) #4 /homepages/.../wp-content/plugins/wplms_plugin/includes/theme/wplms.actions.php(73): do_action('wp_login', NULL, Object(stdClass)) #5 /homepages/.../ht in /homepages/.../wp-includes/capabilities.php on line 784 There has been a critical error on this website. Learn more about debugging in WordPress. 5. Revolution slider needs updated, when removed and deleted as a plugin as followed by instructions on updating (https://wplms.io/support/knowledge-base/how-to-update-visual-composer/) revolution slider does not update, and it is incompatable with anything higher than php 7.2, can you update this plugin or let me know how to change the slider on the home page to layer slider, and i'll make a replacement slider with that plugin instead.
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
    accordion / tabs of theme vibe shortcodes will work . Also accordian tabs from elementor will work . If you content is heavily relies on the page builder then we recommend you to stick to the v3 for now using old plugins and new theme and V4 theme works with old plugin and we are also supporting old plugins .
    ndougan985
    Participant
    ok, will pagnation and the other forms of shortcode be supported in version 4 at some point? I understand that reversion to 3 is a temporary fix, but do i need to plan ahead and look at alternatives to ensure our courses will still be accessible and usable to our customers in future?
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
    Yes most of the features and shortcodes are planned to be supported but it will in built .For third party shortcodes : we have not think of this how we can do it yet . We are planning to integrate everything in our new editor . We are also considering to use the old editor to provide support to old content . But this Idea is not decided yet can be dropped
    ndougan985
    Participant
    Thanks alex, i'll keep an eye on the update notes the products been great for years, would love to keep using it going forward
    Veronica
    thanks for your words appreciate your patience
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • The topic ‘Formatting broken since update’ is closed to new replies.