Forums aren't showing in forums list

Home Forums Legacy Support Support queries How-to & Troubleshooting Forums aren't showing in forums list

Tagged: 

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    Marinazel
    Participant
    Hello, We've published forums as public, but they aren't showing in public forums list. What can be done? Thanks for help,
    H.K. Latiyan
    Participant
    Please confirm if the forum is a sub forum or if its connected to a course ? Let me know the exact steps to replicate the issue.
    Marinazel
    Participant
    All forums are connected to the relevant courses. They all are set to Public. They all are main forums not sub-forums.
    Kindly provide me your wp-admin credentials of your site. We will look into your issue. PS: Don't forget to mark the reply as private. http://i.imgur.com/QTB2oHY.png
    Marinazel
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Marinazel
    Participant
    Yes of only 2 forums. But they are all marked as public, for all open courses in the system. When clicked on course page it says Requested resource is not accessable. How this issue can be resolved? Thanks  
    It seems you have enabled the course forum privact from the lms settings. SO because of this settings user must be enrolled in the course that is connected to that forum otherwise he/she will not be able to see that forum.  
    Marinazel
    Participant
    H.K. Latiyan
    Participant
    I checked your website, and found out that all the forums are visible to admin but for other users its not visible because you have enabled course forum privacy (from lms->settings) and all the forums are also connected to the courses. What this setting does is, it will not allow any user (except admin) to access any forum which is connected to a course if the user is not enrolled in the course. Therefore you get the error that this resource is not available. To access that forum you need to get enrolled in that course. ---------- So you can either disable the course forum privacy from the lms->settings, or enrol in the course and then try to access that forum which is connected to that course, then only you'll be able to access that forum.
    Marinazel
    Participant
Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • The topic ‘Forums aren't showing in forums list’ is closed to new replies.