Forums not showing in course units/assignments

Home Forums Support Issues & Bugs Forums not showing in course units/assignments

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Sander
    Participant
    Hi team, I’m struggling to get forums to show up in courses. I have created forums for each course and linked them to the units. I have also entered the forums themselves and linked them back to the course. We use a single page version of WPLMS/VibeBP. After all this we created a test user and started the course. The only place where we see the forum link is in the tab 'Discussion' on the course entry page, before the user clicks start or continue course. Our expectation is for it show up in the LMS experience so we can integrate it with assignments. How is this designed to work- should it indeed show in course units? | Site Link : https://gysho.xyz
    MrVibe
    Keymaster

Please clarify the following.

1. Have you installed the Vibe Helpdesk plugin ? If yes, which version.

2. We do have unit-forum connection, have you tried that.

--

Currently we do no have assignment - forum connection, but you can add a direct link to the forum in the assignment description. If you enable Private BBPress then the user will be routed back to the application with the forums component and the connected assignment.

Let me know if any answer helps you. What is the desired userflow expected here.

Sander
    Participant
    Hi, thanks for the reply- we've just started migrating the app to Azure, so we'll be busy with that for a few days. Once done, I will review both answers to this and the other ticket. Thanks a lot for the reply, loving the new support app! Well done.
    Sander
    Participant
    1. Have you installed the Vibe Helpdesk plugin ? If yes, which version. Yes- it's version 1.4 2. We do have unit-forum connection, have you tried that. Yes- all units are individually connected to the course forums, we don't see them in the units though. 3. Assignment-Forum links That's a great idea- we could not make it work without leaving the single page environment. Can you advise what is the best link setup to use? 4. Desired User Flow (input) In our case courses follow a similar flow, we use the Single Page setup: - Users get an introduction and objectives for each section - They follow units with text and video based theory - They may complete a quiz - Then they end up in an assignment, they will do work and need to reflect on learnings by posting them in the course discussion boards / forum. Our goal is to promote user interaction by creating assignments where they need to post and comment. As such it would be great to have an integrated function where users can post a comment in the forum from the LMS UI.
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster

2 . Yes the unit forums connection does not works right now in v4 <<< this is an issue right now . 

3 . currently this is also not available we will have to add this provision .

the course forum works in this way. :https://somup.com/c0jhidzSq9

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.