Free Courses behind SiteLock

Home Forums Legacy Support Support queries How-to & Troubleshooting Free Courses behind SiteLock

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    wordmaker123
    Spectator
    Hello.  I am having multiple problems all related to the same thing: I am created a locked site for a company training site.  All members will register, take the intro course for free and then apply for each remaining course they want to take.
    • Following your tutorials a couple of months ago, I set it up that the intro course is auto-assigned and FREE.  --- perfect.
    • All other courses were set to, "Apply for course"
    Everything was fine.  Suddenly: In the profile area -- the my courses list for students is listing all courses (even though the main menu course list is set to show only four courses), and until yesterday, still mostly properly labeled as "apply for this course". Now, however, - the my courses (and main menu course page) all show as "private" suddenly.  When I click on the title to see the course details page, the big "apply for this course" button is there, just like it should be. I do not have woo-commerce installed. Here is what I need help with:
    1. How can I make it so the students see only the courses that they are actually taking on their list in their profile?
    2. How can I make it so the course lists show all courses (except that one marked as a free course) as "apply for course"?
    3. How can I make it so the courses do not show duration of the course to the students? -- Then I can set it to 100 hours or whatever and students won't think that is how long it takes.
    I would be very grateful if you could explain what it is I am doing wrong here -- or assist me to fix the glitch that's happening.
    wordmaker123
    Spectator
    This reply has been marked as private.
    wordmaker123
    Spectator
    I've been messing with this all day and no luck.  When I'm looking at the courses, the buttons are correct.  However, in the courses lists, they are a hot mess.  I have one button that shows 998 seats left and is correctly listing "apply for this course" finally.  Tried this code in customize: a.course_button.full.button span{display:none!Important; } No luck at all.  Nothing changed.
    H.K. Latiyan
    Participant
    Hi... Sometimes the courses goes out of sync on website and therefore it starts showing the all courses in the my courses section. So in such case you only need to sync the courses for the students from lms settings, refer: http://prntscr.com/fnmg6t I have synced it on your website and now it works fine, please check.
    H.K. Latiyan
    Participant
    The all courses page will show all the courses, but there are filters available in the sidebar (buddypress course filter widget) that you can use to filter the courses. ----------- If you do not want to show the course duration in course details section then you can remove it from the lms->settings->course settings, refer: http://prntscr.com/fnmh4w
    wordmaker123
    Spectator
    Thank you so much!  It is looking much better. Can I please get your assistance with my second question?  I didn't get an answer on that. Before you synced everything, I installed WooCommerce and set everything up with products hoping that would make it so all courses were listed "apply for this course" on the course menu pages. Two of the courses are showing correctly:  Conquering Family Communications and SMARTBoard.  All others say, "Take this Course".  Why are those two working and the others not?  I can't seem to figure out how these two courses are different. To be clear, all courses say "Apply for this Course" when looking at course details, which is good... but I need them all to show as "Apply for this Course" in the Courses list as well.
    wordmaker123
    Spectator
    Never mind!  I've created a new demo account that is now perfect! Thank you so much for your help!
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The topic ‘Free Courses behind SiteLock’ is closed to new replies.