Front End Course Creation with Videos

Home Forums Legacy Support 4.0 Bugs & Issues Front End Course Creation with Videos

Tagged: , , ,

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    silatjunkie
    Participant
    I have to say, after spending as much time as I have just trying to get courses from 3.9 to 4.0 it's frustratingly broken. I've spent months working on this and I'm STILL considering just moving to another platform........ This will be horribly long because there are LOTS of issues with video use. Lots. FOR CONTEXT, I have uploaded all the videos that I've been using, directly to my website, to try and remedy some of the broken things but it still doesn't work correctly. AND that's a horrible resource hog for the host server. I'm also using the most recent updates of all of the plugins and themes. WHEN you respond, please use the numbers I've listed so that your response is clearly targeting one of these issues.
    1. There's no way to currently add more than one video to a unit unless you do it on the back-end of the through the WORDPRESS interface.
    1. Only one video can be used on a unit by entering it using the top selector
    1. If you use the wordpress interface to put the videos in place, with the copy, when the course is displayed, all of the videos will display at the top of the unit when the course is viewed as a student.
    2. All of the videos are pushed to the top and out of context from copy
    1. You cannot see the names or other information about the videos when choosing them from the front-end. All you see is a a bunch of squares with red x's, you can't even tell if they are videos or pictures. Sadly I've mentioned this at least a month ago and it's still not been addressed.
    3. media library no way to see what it is
    1. There's no way to select the type of unit (text, multimedia, video, etc.) that you want to create. The plugin decides for you and once it decides there's no way to change it again.
    the unit type is decided for you and there's no way to undo it or change it.
    1. If you try to use the media insertion function from the front-end, initially you will see your videos, and they will play, but once you leave the course and enter it as a user, they will not even appear. When you go back and edit the course again, they will not appear, there will be an empty container where your video used to be.
    instagram takipçi satın al This shows what the media script looks like Course builder showing the empty media containers where the videos were added Missing videos from course builder after insertion
    1. Using the youtube embed media doesn't work. It will insert a place holder but when you try to play it back it won't play the video—it sits there appearing in loading mode but never loads. When you view as a student it will not play the video. The same thing happens.

2. I've tried removing the website header but that has it's own broken issues like, no way to get back to the homepage as a user, but if you keep the header turned on, it loads over the top of the library media box.

7. Header overlaps the media library pop up That's a good start. I need to be able to allow instructors to put in multiple videos and order them according to the text. It also needs to be simple, and right now it doesn't work at all unless you only have one video per unit and it loads at the top of the page and you host the video on your site. VERY VERY VERY LIMITED FUNCTIONALITY.

Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
    Hi thanks for sharing this ,it seems like you are using old version
    the unit types shows when you add a unit or switch unit type : http://somup.com/cYXQ28IuIk please update it to latest . Video does not shows names and other info : yes we are planning to add this . To check the video issue can you please share your site url and admin creds ? PS : as your website is live we would recommend you to restore from backup or revert to previous version and test the 4.0 update on a test copy of your website .
    silatjunkie
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
    1 . yes there is no way to add more than one video as of now. 2 . yes the videos shows on top and there is no way to show the text This is because this is tatally javascript , in this we render the videos using javascript ,we fetch out all the videos and iframes separately from the unit content . 3 . Video does not shows names and other info : yes we are planning to add this . 4 .the unit types shows when you add a unit or switch unit type : http://somup.com/cYXQ28IuIk 5 . well old unit content built with old page builders does have this issue , we are yet to find a way to retain this . 6 . for youtube videos please use video unit type or the iframe shortcode in the content and also not that youtu.be urls will not as per youtube policy only youtube.com urls will work .
    silatjunkie
    Participant
    Well that's all pretty disappointing. With new versions and "upgrades" you should get better functionality.... instead there's less functionality in the course creation.... and now I will have show people how to "work around" all the limitations.
    1. I will try the unit switch.
    silatjunkie
    Participant
    Wait.... So I see now that I can build with elementor.... let me mess with that. That may be the best solution.
    silatjunkie
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Anshuman Sahu
    Keymaster
    We also added an automatic sync for the old and new units types which you can find in wp-admin -> lms -> settings -> fucntions -> sync areas . Sync unit types , and sync quiz types . NOTE : note that this change is irreversible so please do take backup before syncing . yes we have media popup issue to header . adding to issue log . https://trello.com/c/Z2VRcasF
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The topic ‘Front End Course Creation with Videos’ is closed to new replies.